Officially Official: Hyundai Equus coming to America in 2010

How many free passes does Hyundai get for the Genesis coupe?

Good job Hyundai. I'm glad they're around; they help keep other car companies in check especially since they're usually able to sell at a lower MSRP.

Was there ever a reason to buy a Lexus GS?

Apparently Lexus sells an AWD version of the GS350 i saw it when back home in MI, and frankly I like the lines of the car and rode in one on a road trip to Vegas, quite nice.

What can I say? It's a horse of a car. :drums:

I take payment in groans.

Way too early for Hyundai to introduce this, as North America does not recognize Hyundai as a maker of luxury cars; They need to have pedigree and prestige.
Pretend you are not a gear head; would really drop that kind of money for a Hyundai? It is not cool, hip, whatever to be frugal and tell the world that you are cheap. For that kind of money you can get an Audi A6, BMW 5 series, anything from Lexus, Acura or Infiniti.

But hey, remember I am talking about a different world than what we live in, where brand names matter.

Way too early for Hyundai to introduce this, as North America does not recognize Hyundai as a maker of luxury cars; They need to have pedigree and prestige.
Pretend you are not a gear head; would really drop that kind of money for a Hyundai? It is not cool, hip, whatever to be frugal and tell the world that you are cheap. For that kind of money you can get an Audi A6, BMW 5 series, anything from Lexus, Acura or Infiniti.

But hey, remember I am talking about a different world than what we live in, where brand names matter.

Agreed. What they should have done is buy up an old marque for cheap like Packard and sell it under that.

But it doesn't say Hyundai anywhere on the car as far as I can see. Only car people will know it's a Hyundai when it passes by.

Agreed. What they should have done is buy up an old marque for cheap like Packard and sell it under that.

I read in some old article that adopting a new (or borrowed) marque a la Lexus would have incurred too much cost for launching a new brand and a completely separate dealer network.

I do agree tho that an S Class competing $60K hyundai is going to be a tough sell and launching as early as next year is very ambitious. The Genesis makes much more sense because it falls in a lower and more flexible price point, but we'll see what happens. The Equus will definitely appeal to the market of ppl with money who are bored with the typical choices and strive for something 'different'.

Wait five years and these will all be Airport Taxis. Oh, and it's renamed the Centennial in the middle east, so I reckon it'll be renamed that in the States too.

Last edited:
ugh 15m2 of fake wood, horrible dash espc with that clock.

AKA: Pretty good attempt by asians to have style and make a nice product. but i bet it sucks.