OFFS Jezza , Shut it!

Actually, public sector workers did not have any problem about Jezzas remarks about being taken outside and shot.......................it was the fact that the correct risk assessment had not taken place that pissed them off :p

Now it looks like people are getting some balls and coming out against the "offended" people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9654000/9654228.stm
(radio piece)

Boris has come out in his defense saying he is of value esp to the poor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...engine-of-the-british-economy-_n_1128816.html

Some Rabbi's are coming out and saying his remarks on suicide people while not done in the most pc of ways is basically what alot of other people think and if you want to commit suicide, do it in a way that does not traumatize the public or inconvience the public. (I lost the link to that article.)

Complaints now top 31k.

11958669.jpg

And noone in all of history has ever done that before. :D

I had forgotten about Stewart Lee and what he said about Richard.

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/article/11867/

Clearly, Skylock, you've never read the comments following any article in The Guardian about Top Gear, because somebody posts a link to the Stewart Lee sketch every single time. Just after somebody else has posted a link to Steve Coogan's article criticising them.

Odd experience this evening (bloke walking down Villiers Street smoking and wearing a donkey suit while a brass band played the Calypso Carol in the background* notwithstanding).

About two people a week go under trains on the TFL network every week if I've understood the statistics, although not all of them mean to and quite a lot of them don't die. As much as people do generally sympathise with anyone in despair dark enough to make them attempt to take their own lives, when the 'one under' announcements happen during the rush hour, the responses tend to be, shall we say, considerably closer to Jeremy's than his detractors'.

This evening there was a 'one under' announcement while I was waiting to chmge trains at Mile End, which is a busy Underground interchange, and I swear I've never seen so many people engage in synchronised tongue-biting in my life. Nobody dared say a word, but you could see many wanted to. Perhaps they were afraid of censure, or perhaps they didn't want to be accused of hypocrisy, but either way, it really was quite surreal.

* Yes, really.

He made the Belgian papers with this today....ow Jesus. :rolleyes:

Clearly, Skylock, you've never read the comments following any article in The Guardian about Top Gear, because somebody posts a link to the Stewart Lee sketch every single time. Just after somebody else has posted a link to Steve Coogan's article criticising them.

No, I had not read them I guess. I found this when I looked.

http://harpymarx.wordpress.com/2011...-car-into-the-sunset-off-a-cliff-only-joking/

The Stewart Lee clip is at the end.

And I thought this one had crawled back under her rock, but I was wrong. Looks like she is giving it another go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069696/Jeremy-dishes-says-Clarksons-wife.html

Oh God how I wish I had been round the dinner table at Jeremy's house. My own family is very vocal and split down the middle on most subjects and it can get quite interesting at family gatherings. No one has been stabbed yet, but I always keep my eyes open. I always enjoy myself immensely and try not to miss it if at all possible.

Odd experience this evening (bloke walking down Villiers Street smoking and wearing a donkey suit while a brass band played the Calypso Carol in the background* notwithstanding).

About two people a week go under trains on the TFL network every week if I've understood the statistics, although not all of them mean to and quite a lot of them don't die. As much as people do generally sympathise with anyone in despair dark enough to make them attempt to take their own lives, when the 'one under' announcements happen during the rush hour, the responses tend to be, shall we say, considerably closer to Jeremy's than his detractors'.

This evening there was a 'one under' announcement while I was waiting to chmge trains at Mile End, which is a busy Underground interchange, and I swear I've never seen so many people engage in synchronised tongue-biting in my life. Nobody dared say a word, but you could see many wanted to. Perhaps they were afraid of censure, or perhaps they didn't want to be accused of hypocrisy, but either way, it really was quite surreal.

* Yes, really.

I think it is like most things. First time or two you are sympathetic, then it starts grating on your tollerance, then it just starts to piss you off. Kind of like car alarms. The first few I heard I was checking to see if the car was being broken into, now I just pray someone IS stealing it and takes it quickly. Never even look up.

Nobody should believe anything Jeremy Clarkson says.

And I thought this one had crawled back under her rock, but I was wrong. Looks like she is giving it another go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2069696/Jeremy-dishes-says-Clarksons-wife.html

What I love about this and many of the other TG related articles in the Fail is that even when they appear to be pushing the anti-TG agenda as hard as they can the readers comments and votes thereon at the bottom often show readers leaping to JC or the show's defence.

To be honest, I think Steve Coogan sums it up the best. The writing has been on the wall for some time now, Top Gear is well past its peak. It reminds me of Family Guy in many ways, both have continued because the makers weren't brave enough to make the decision to stop at the right time. I think this is something Andy Wilman profoundly regrets.

To be honest, I think Steve Coogan sums it up the best. The writing has been on the wall for some time now, Top Gear is well past its peak. It reminds me of Family Guy in many ways, both have continued because the makers weren't brave enough to make the decision to stop at the right time. I think this is something Andy Wilman profoundly regrets.

That Mexican nonsense was particularly awful, as it was in no way spontaneous and was clearly carefully scripted ahead of time. Pathetic, and not remotely funny. I think the show has improved since then, though.

What I love about this and many of the other TG related articles in the Fail is that even when they appear to be pushing the anti-TG agenda as hard as they can the readers comments and votes thereon at the bottom often show readers leaping to JC or the show's defence.
Daily Fail readers probable believe that strikers should be shot in the face in front of their families.

Daily Fail readers probable believe that strikers should be shot in the face in front of their families.

I meant in general rather than this story specifically.

And you have an extraneous capital H in your location. Other than that though is seems a strangely appropriate description. :p

^lol ... but shouldn't this Gerry Reynolds be shot too? If he is sick of people complaining about Clarkson's comments surely he is also sick of people complaining about people complaining, as they are merely trying to deny the complainers their right to express themselves.

Actually, shoot me too for complaining about people complaining about complainers.