Oh boy, the new Aveo is revealed!

I think all you guys have is prejudice without justifiable reason. There's nothing wrong with that new Aveo interior. Looks way better than these:

Admittedly, those aren't sold on my market, but I'm assuming the knobs work and the steering wheel is properly attached. So better than the old Aveo.

And they don't have a blinding blue speedo - I had that same display on an old stereo, the car was undrivable at night unless I covered it with a tissue - so you could drive them at night. So, better than the new Aveo.

Admittedly, those aren't sold on my market, but I'm assuming the knobs work and the steering wheel is properly attached. So better than the old Aveo.

And they don't have a blinding blue speedo - I had that same display on an old stereo, the car was undrivable at night unless I covered it with a tissue - so you could drive them at night. So, better than the new Aveo.

The gauges of the new Aveo (along with the late 90's-2000's Pontiac-esque left and right dash vents would be a dealbreaker for me. Both look gaudy, cheap and tacky....as if they were desperate to have a "cool" element in an otherwise conventional interior, so they randomly slapped gauges from a Power Wheels trike and odd vents on the dash.

The current car's instrument cluster looks far more classy. Sometimes an understated, refined look is best, some of it's competitors like Nissan's Versa also follow this tact:

-vert-nissan-versa-hatchback-instrument-gauges.jpg

Doesn't the Aveo have a dimmer switch for the instrument cluster?

Doesn't the Aveo have a dimmer switch for the instrument cluster?

Presumably, but that's a lot of light, it's going to be distracting no matter how much you dim it.