Oh boy, the new Aveo is revealed!

Its kind of an amalgam of every single subcompact currently available. It's not terrible like the last models though.

FTFY. They need to fix more than the looks on this car (I agree that this looks decent).

That's exactly what I thought the instant I looked at it. I actually don't think it looks bad. However, it's a Chevy and all the interior bits will start to fall off within a week and all sorts of annoying squeaks and noises will make them selves known when you go over bumps. Also, inevitably as soon as you pass 100,000 miles expensive parts will start to go.

Unfortunately, like the last Aveo, the problem for me with this car is that it looks cheap. Though the Fiesta is more expensive, the price different is justifiable in terms of the interior and exterior styling.

I'll take the bottom one.

the mirrors are exactly the same... mystery solved

Looking at those two pictures, I'd take the Aveo. Using any other kind of thought, though, I'd jump off a cliff.

Unfortunately, like the last Aveo, the problem for me with this car is that it looks cheap. Though the Fiesta is more expensive, the price different is justifiable in terms of the interior and exterior styling.
They shouldnt play in the same segment, an Aveo has to be substancially cheaper than the Fiesta to have even have a miniscule chance of competing against the Ford. For fun I maxed out (which means adding paint) to the Aveo on the Chevrolet configurator and I ended up with a price of ?12.8k. Which is alot. But the Fiesta maxes out at ?26.8k. Which is alot more, because it's way way way out of the Aveos league :D

The Chevrolet configurator is fun. Accessories for the Aveo include

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/09/11/accessories-cc-2009-tra-towing-mirro-x0630991-captiva.jpg
(~?240/$300)
and

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/09/11/accessories-cc-2009-tra-thule-bicycl-x0059440-captiva.jpg
(~?350/$450)

On a car that is not type approved to carry a trailer hitch, that's funny. Also it quite clearly says Captiva on the image.

In the US I imagine the Aveo would have to cost about 500 dollars to be competitive. Daewoo rubbish.

Last edited:
They shouldnt play in the same segment, an Aveo has to be substancially cheaper than the Fiesta to have even have a miniscule chance of competing against the Ford. For fun I maxed out (which means adding paint) to the Aveo on the Chevrolet configurator and I ended up with a price of ?12.8k. Which is alot. But the Fiesta maxes out at ?26.8k. Which is alot more, because it's way way way out of the Aveos league :D

The Chevrolet configurator is fun. Accessories for the Aveo include

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/09/11/accessories-cc-2009-tra-towing-mirro-x0630991-captiva.jpg
(~?240/$300)
and

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/09/11/accessories-cc-2009-tra-thule-bicycl-x0059440-captiva.jpg
(~?350/$450)

On a car that is not type approved to carry a trailer hitch, that's funny. Also it quite clearly says Captiva on the image.

In the US I imagine the Aveo would have to cost about 500 dollars to be competitive. Daewoo rubbish.

Here's something interesting, in Canada before incentives the Aveo starts $1,400 HIGHER than the Fiesta and can go as high as $20k. Of course, it comes with a cheque for $4,500 in the glove box, but that's still pretty insane.

This car has potential :D

ed249cfa6e.png

Vomit inducing sackreligion. Please kill me.

There aren't many cars that are ridiculous enough to make me cry laughing. But this one does. As other people said, it's a tiny Daevrolet with a monstrous gaping hole of a mouth and vastly oversized glasses. They should have called it the Elton.

Oh, and they nicked the rear door handles from Alfa Romeo. Burn them at the stake!

It looks like a cheap copy of a Chinese car. :sick:

It isn't as horrible as I expected, so that's something I guess.

car_photo_392989_25.jpg
[/URL]

Somehow it fails to meet my already very low expectations.

Just to spite your sarcasm, I'm going to say I kinda like it. Definitely better looking than the previous car.

It looks like it was designed by a government design committee. No originality, styling consists purely of elements lifted from other cars.

Oh, wait...

So, they're going after the new Ford Fiesta or even Focus with this...? Hmm, what's that sound I hear...? Ah wait, it's the sound of Alan Mullay not worrying.... No wait, he's actually laughing.... :lol:

Nah GM's Fiesta rival is the Corsa (except in a few places where they don't sell the Corsa). The Aveo probably rivals some asian cars I don't know about, like Nissans and Suzukis or other brands that don't sell. Except those are better (but not that good). The current Aveo was lauded in the press for it's high reving and gutless engine and wonderfully inexact gearbox that made every gearchange into an adventure, I wonder if they have changed anything below the sheetmetal on the new one.