OH COCK

Sometimes it takes having yourself all shook up to bring you to your senses when you're young and reckless.
I know, some people don't change, but having personally lost three people quite close to me in less than two years to road accidents I've learnt just how fragile life really is. All I can say is you've only got your life to live once and if something happens others are left behind to pick up the pieces, please be careful everyone..

I know it's all cheesy and cliched and coming from someone whose only exceeded the speed limit by 20kph at the most (and only by accident), but sometimes the luck runs out.

Last edited:
Sometimes it takes having yourself all shook up to bring you to your senses when you're young and reckless.
I know, some people don't change, but having personally lost three people quite close to me in less than two years to road accidents I've learnt just how fragile life really is. All I can say is you've only got your life to live once and if something happens others are left behind to pick up the pieces, please be careful everyone..

I know it's all cheesy and cliched and coming from someone whose only exceeded the speed limit by 20kph at the most (and only by accident), but sometimes the luck runs out.

I have learned from having a bad accident (the airbag went off everything); one, seatbelts are the difference between through the windshield and slightly sore the next day, two, that it is very good I drive a 4 star rated car :lol: and three, you can get yourself fucked at a stop.
I call myself a "good driver" not because I drive always according to the rules, but because I am careful about it. Paranoid careful. I assume the worst and make sure to pay attention.

Anyone who thinks speeding is ok is wrong. I have lost a girlfriend to a speeding driver, and let me tell you, it hurt. Anyone who thinks that going a few k's over the limit is ok needs to pull there heads out of their fucking arses. Speed kills people, speed limits are put in place for a reason. Arriving at your destination a little quicker is not worth risking other peoples lives. People who think otherwise might want to have a look here and have a listen to some of the stories.

If you wanna speed, do it on a racetrack.

Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop that does. :p

On a more serious note, it doesn't really matter for you or I. Anything we hit with our Jaguars is just going to die along with any occupants, whether we're going the speed limit or not.

Just ask Barbra Mandrell.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks speeding is ok is wrong. I have lost a girlfriend to a speeding driver, and let me tell you, it hurt. Anyone who thinks that going a few k's over the limit is ok needs to pull there heads out of their fucking arses. Speed kills people, speed limits are put in place for a reason. Arriving at your destination a little quicker is not worth risking other peoples lives. People who think otherwise might want to have a look here and have a listen to some of the stories.

If you wanna speed, do it on a racetrack.

As much as I feel for your loss - it's just not as simple as that. Inattention & lack of skill plays a much bigger part in accidents than speeding does. Speeding doesn't cause many accidents - it's the decisions & judgements people make that cause accidents, not whether they're doing a few k's over the limit.

+100 agreed. Your stance is understandable given your loss but if everyone paid proper attention on the road then there would be no need for speed limits. Of course everyone is human and has lapses of concentration so therefore we need speed limits. But to paint everyone who speeds as a wanker is ridiculous. I would much rather travel at 140k's with someone paying attention than at 90k's with someone more interested in their radio station.

+100 agreed. Your stance is understandable given your loss but if everyone paid proper attention on the road then there would be no need for speed limits. Of course everyone is human and has lapses of concentration so therefore we need speed limits. But to paint everyone who speeds as a wanker is ridiculous. I would much rather travel at 140k's with someone paying attention than at 90k's with someone more interested in their radio station.

I guess what I mean to say was that anyone who deliberately breaks the speed limit is an idiot. Especially within built up areas. That fact of the matter is that many people don't pay attention, like you said, and this is one of the reasons there are speed limits, Just because you're paying attention, doesn't mean the dick that's around the corner is.
Like I said, speed limits are there for a reason, why break them? I know you probably don't all agree with me, but that is just my opinion.

I've not been booked in what's approaching three years of driving. Two simple rules have kept me safe and out of trouble.

1) Speed limits may well be stupid, but I'll look stupider with an empty wallet and no license. I'll look like the personification of satan himself if I'm responsible for someone's death.

2) Drive within what I, the car and the conditions allow. So sometimes I'll be going less that the speed limit, either due to my licensing conditions (100km/h max for me), or due to conditions. Like the my Jag driving associates, I know someone's going to get seriously hurt if I mess up.

I hope that fright has taught you well enough. Don't do it again.

I guess what I mean to say was that anyone who deliberately breaks the speed limit is an idiot. Especially within built up areas. That fact of the matter is that many people don't pay attention, like you said, and this is one of the reasons there are speed limits, Just because you're paying attention, doesn't mean the dick that's around the corner is.
Like I said, speed limits are there for a reason, why break them? I know you probably don't all agree with me, but that is just my opinion.

The thing is you can't throw all speeding into the same bucket. Doing 70 in a residential 50 zone? Yeah, that's pretty dumb. Doing 120+ on a modern, multi-lane freeway where the zone is 100? Well, it's illegal, but it's hardly dangerous or irresponsible.

The thing is you can't throw all speeding into the same bucket. Doing 70 in a residential 50 zone? Yeah, that's pretty dumb. Doing 120+ on a modern, multi-lane freeway where the zone is 100? Well, it's illegal, but it's hardly dangerous or irresponsible.

Or doing 85 mph in a 65mph zone on a open, clear highway with good sightlines and no traffic...
I think smart people should be more restricted to something called "The speed limit of judgement". No, you don't go 100 in a built up residential area. No, you don't weave in and out of traffic at high speed. But yes, on an open road, where you can see well, go as fast as is safe by all means.
And if you kill yourself, well, tough luck.
If you kill someone else, well, not sure.

In reality this would never work, I realize that, I just wish it would.

Last edited:
Inattention is by far the number one cause of car crashes. That being said, people cause accidents, not speed. Why is it ok to go 130mph on the autobahn but its not ok to go 80 on my way home from college? The road I take is perfectly straight in many places with excellent visibility and there is never any traffic for at least the first half of my trip. I am obviously against people doing 65 in a 20 zone (coughkatcough :p) but there are definately times when the speed limit is definately on the low side. If humans were rational beings then we'd never have accidents.

Yes, it has made me a more sensible driver. I don't push it in any weather other than warm and sunny, especially on windy roads like that with a lot of blind bends. In my roadblog I didn't speed, nor did I overtake in blind corners, HH...

I also feel that speeding is not what kills people, rather reckless driving does. They are not mutually exclusive. I also think that it is too easy to obtain a drivers license in North America. The number of people I see on a daily basis that don't deserve to be on the road is, quite frankly, appalling.

Generally speaking, if you go with the flow of traffic your safe. Going 55 in rush hour traffic when everyone else is doing 70, your just a hazard, but then so is that cock in the neon doing 80 and swerving in between cars. It's all common sense.

Generally speaking, if you go with the flow of traffic your safe. Going 55 in rush hour traffic when everyone else is doing 70, your just a hazard, but then so is that cock in the neon doing 80 and swerving in between cars. It's all common sense.

HEY! I was that cock in a Neon once. :( Ok, I didn't swerve in and out of traffic, though.

But where do you live where you get to go as fast, nevermind faster, as the speed limit in rush hour? Once 4:30 comes round, there's no going faster than 15-30mph, depending on area and current road.

With the title of the thread being what it is, I'm thankful it's not in the NSFW section.

HEY! I was that cock in a Neon once. :( Ok, I didn't swerve in and out of traffic, though.

But where do you live where you get to go as fast, nevermind faster, as the speed limit in rush hour? Once 4:30 comes round, there's no going faster than 15-30mph, depending on area and current road.

you get up to 15?
TWO GALLONS
I USED TWO GALLONS OF GAS GOING 30 MILES TODAY
Fucking traffic. My bug does not like to go 3mph. 50 is a nice speed. anything over 35 really and car is happy. Under 20 and car is angry.

With the title of the thread being what it is, I'm thankful it's not in the NSFW section.
:roflmao: Especially with who started it. ;)

I SHOULD TOTALLY GO DO THAT

I dunno about you, but I have a motorcycle. I get to use the HOV lane all by myself, while laughing my arse off at all the idiot people in cars not going anywhere because they can't give up their air conditioning. :D

Oh, and kat? If you'd get a bike, you'd only have consumed about four cups of gas to go that far. :D