Clarkson: Oisin Tymon launches legal action against Clarkson

Clarkson and co should give Oisin a very nice car as a gift cause thanks to him they are earning $$$ now. :)

That happens to more famous people, he made himself a larger media news item, he was a victim, he wasnt damaged goods, and i doubt anyone would have faulted him for what happened, no matter what anyone says. This just smacks of whiplash claim.

The media made him the news item. He kept himself out of the limelight as much as possible and kept quiet counsel. Personally I don't blame the guy for seeking a settlement. The reported amount is small compared to some of the tribunal cases that have appeared in recent years, some running into millions.

I might be talking complete rubbish, but do we really know that Oisin is really suing or is Slater and Gordon just using his name for publicity.

Slater and Gordon cannot bring a case with Oisin as the plaintiff unless Oisin agreed to be said plaintiff.

I suspect that the suit is more directed at the BBC than at JC. I ask myself who's more likely to delay a contract settlement, and the answer rings up BBC every time.
I really do not think Jeremy would have minded giving him something to ease the situation. The bbc, not so much. But when you start asking for what is probably more than you make in a year for something so trivial, well, there ya go.

The article noted that Clarkson has been ready to settle so it may indeed be the BBC not willing to do so or that the amount Clarkson and the BBC are offering has been deemed by Oisin as insufficient.