Ok, if that isn't a proof of..

That is dumb. People can come up with all kinds of reasons to justify why they blew someone away. I can't believe they're doing this. Better wear a bullet proof jacket if you live in florida. And be careful when people get mad at you!

I live in Florida but never even heard about this. I don't like the "perceived" part. I say, if the person is a threat, shoot them. If they are perceived to be a threat, maybe find out a little more.

I think we should let florida secede (or we cut it off and let it float towards Cuba) :-D...

Seriously though, a perceived threat??? :shock: I sometimes wonder what seized drugs some politicians are on, as stupid legislation for some reason makes it in to the news.

Hmm...so if G.W. Bush was visiting Florida...

:lmao:

We'll get rid of him soon as many Quebecers live in Florida during the winter

pre-emptive self defence. next thing you know they'll be using that sort of justification to invade other countries. hang on....

hokiethang said:
Seriously though, a perceived threat??? :shock: I sometimes wonder what seized drugs some politicians are on.

i'd say heaps... the amount of coke they're probably doing would make courtney love look like a teenager experimenting with her friends.

how else can you explain the crazy shit that goes on in america?

politician: fuck me, i've done nothing but kiss babies and the bush brothers' arses in months. i'm earning this hollywood salary, i guess i should do something.

personal assistant: how about focusing on the homeless in florida? we've had a war on the commies, a war on drugs and a war on terror, how about a war on poverty?

politician: hmmmm, maybe. i'm thinking though of drawing up a new law to make it easier for people to murder each other. what do you think?

personal assistant: top idea sir. shall i get you another line of coke?

politican: you shall.

with that new law, I think alot of killers would get away as lawyers would use this to help them saying stuff like the killer thought the guy he killed was a threat to him or something like that

andyhui01 said:
with that new law, I think alot of killers would get away as lawyers would use this to help them saying stuff like the killer thought the guy he killed was a threat to him or something like that

yep, and the dead guy can't exactly defend himself can he?

it'll be like that episode of southpark - "he's coming right at me!"

some of you guys are looking at this in only black and white.

In some states, if someone breaks into your home and tries to harm your family you could be held accountable for murder if you kill him, all while protecting your family.

A killer will not use that as a defense and that statement was a bit without thought. You have to prove that you were defending yourself and this would take place in your home or car, a killer would not kill in his own house. They usually kill ppl in the victims house or in the forest or something.

I get the whole protect you family thing, but do you have to kill an assailant? If you own a gun and know how to use it (as you should if you own a gun), can't you shoot him in the leg or something? Or buy a stun gun? Or buy non-lethal ammunition for your shotgun? This law may not be black and white, but to most uneducated people with guns, it may seem that way....

tloekke said:
I get the whole protect you family thing, but do you have to kill an assailant? If you own a gun and know how to use it (as you should if you own a gun), can't you shoot him in the leg or something? Or buy a stun gun? Or buy non-lethal ammunition for your shotgun? This law may not be black and white, but to most uneducated people with guns, it may seem that way....

Again, this law just protects those that kill or have killed someone that tried to do harm to you or family in your home.

This isnt a green light to kill your mailman as soon as he steps in your house, or a asshole neighbour for that matter but more like protection for the ppl that use a gun to avoid harm from an intruder.

Of course most ppl that know how to use guns and have one in their house will know how to seriously injury someone and not kill them, a shot in the leg or something like that. However, if someone lunges at you while you are getting your gun and you shot him in the head, you cannot be held accountable for murder as you were protecting yourself.

how about this one:

if you do a robbery in holland, and get caught, they take your gun...but pay you back whatever you paid for it :lol: