Ok, if that isn't a proof of..

Roundhead said:
looks like my wife is gonna be transferred to oslo for a year, which means i'm gonna be in your neck of the woods for a while... been reading about norway, and it looks like a top place to live

Oslo is a great place imo, just make sure that you don't live in the outskirts (it's boring there), try to get an appartement in the downtown area, like Majorstua, Bislett or Grunerl?kka. Summer is great, winter, well, hope it doesn't snow a lot :) . You've probably read that norwegians are kinda "cold" and reserved when it comes to strangers, and that we need to get drunk before we open up, but that's not so much the case in Oslo.

justin syder said:
And that is the point roundhead. You can't just eliminate something and expect the problem to go away. You are upset about 10,000 ppl being murdered here, do you think ppl wont kill if they dont have a gun?

mate, all i'm saying is that america has a much higher gun-related death rate than other westernised countries. if that's not because of ease of access to guns, then maybe it's something else. but if it is something else and americans, for some reason, are more homocidal than citizens of other countries, do you think they should have the access they have to guns? making it easier for commit homocide? just something to think about.

this arguement is pretty much going nowhere i'd say... nothing really new or significant, and at the end of the day, you won't turn me and i won't turn you. we've shown that. i've listened to what you've had to say and i've taken some of it in (if only an teeny little bit ;)).

i'm not gonna really contribute anymore to this... so no hard feelings on anything i've said justin. you're not too bad (for a gun-crazy septic) :lol:

tloekke said:
Roundhead said:
looks like my wife is gonna be transferred to oslo for a year, which means i'm gonna be in your neck of the woods for a while... been reading about norway, and it looks like a top place to live

Oslo is a great place imo, just make sure that you don't live in the outskirts (it's boring there), try to get an appartement in the downtown area, like Majorstua, Bislett or Grunerl?kka. Summer is great, winter, well, hope it doesn't snow a lot :) . You've probably read that norwegians are kinda "cold" and reserved when it comes to strangers, and that we need to get drunk before we open up, but that's not so much the case in Oslo.

guess what? now it's iceland. the project is being managed out of oslo, but the site is in iceland. waiting for the confirmation early next week, but by the looks of it we'll be leaving for iceland in about 4-5 weeks.

this is coming from me, a man who has somehow managed to never see snow in any country he's been in before... moving to iceland for a year... just ice and land ( hence the name :)).

by the way, nevermind reserved norwegians... aussie charm cures all :) there's a pretty good chance we'll visit oslo in the next year, if we do i'll let you know - i'll grab the first shout of beer :)

roundhead, it was a good debate.

i used stats to show my point and thought i came across as easy to debate rather than the way i used to before.

at the end of this no one really switched opinions but we know both sides of the gun control issue atleast. :thumbsup: