• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ok, this site is busy enough, why not have some classifieds?

Scott

Car(s)
'13 Hyundai Sonata, '95 Audi S-6 '06 Jetta TDI
Just a thought I had, but we are all car people... why not have a section to buy and sell stuff?

ebay.... nice try... I mean like car stuff... parts, memoribilia, videos , stuff like that...

Perhaps you would rather offer it to the nice folks that frequent this board instead of putting it out there to the general pbulic with something like ebay. If you guys don't like that plan, no big deal but it sounded like a worthwhile sugestion to me!

ssnapier said:
ebay.... nice try... I mean like car stuff... parts, memoribilia, videos , stuff like that...

Perhaps you would rather offer it to the nice folks that frequent this board instead of putting it out there to the general pbulic with something like ebay. If you guys don't like that plan, no big deal but it sounded like a worthwhile sugestion to me!

I'm only joking. It's a good idea.

^^ Sorry for Hijacking this thread:

About TGGs sig:

Do BMW have M5 test drivers? Whose job it is, is just to drive M5s everyday?

Sure they do. But they also have to put up with M6s and other stuff... A friend of mine did a practical term at a BMW plant near me, and they took him with them on some test drives...
But then they use the preproduction models as workshop cars.... Like throwing dirty tools into 745i's and stuff :)

Buba

Buba said:
Sure they do. But they also have to put up with M6s and other stuff... A friend of mine did a practical term at a BMW plant near me, and they took him with them on some test drives...
But then they use the preproduction models as workshop cars.... Like throwing dirty tools into 745i's and stuff :)

Still sounds like fun, cos I'd really hate having to drive an M6 or a 745 :)

Wouldn't work. Too International of a community.

exactly.... we don't even have more than 10 people from 1 country/state :lol:... it wouldn't work.... btw, since we're on this topic, I always wondered how this forum became so international, usually most of the other forums I used to go to are always just full of Americans

Cars are universal, and Top Gear airs in the UK, so I guess its just happens. lol, that made no correlation.

The other issue other then the fact that people come from just about anyware, is that legal issues can arise on sales that fall through, its just not worth it for viper imho

ssnapier said:

Car parts...meh i'd just get them myself rather than trust someone on the other side of the world (Australia is isolated ya know :| ).
Memoribilia- You can just pick that stuff off Ebay if it isnt already available in your city.
Videos- One person buys it and rips it for all of us :)

Theres no need to have a section to buy and sell stuff..

once u introduce sellin/buyin
u're lookin at scams, ppl who
dont pay etc etc...

just problems....

79 used chairs for sale, bit worn, but still very strong.

47 with arm rests

32 without

Some more in the basement that I haven't counted. (free)

Will ship anywhere if the buyer pays upfront + shipping costs.

http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/668/23lb.th.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/4875/15ex.th.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/4973/33ub.th.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.**/img5/3522/43po.th.jpg

Happy bidding.

Bad luck in the restaurant business, huh Kip?

Personally, I believe having an automotive classified section on any automotive forum is an excellent idea. And as for bad sales, a good idea would be to have a trader rating, or membership fee. This could quite possibley weed out any of the dirty sales factors involved. And to add to this, the forum could have some type of user feedback and or points system.

FEAST AUTO GROUP said:
Personally, I believe having an automotive classified section on any automotive forum is an excellent idea. And as for bad sales, a good idea would be to have a trader rating, or membership fee. This could quite possibley weed out any of the dirty sales factors involved. And to add to this, the forum could have some type of user feedback and or points system.

That sounds like an awful lot of work for viper, for what appears to be minimum benefit. If I need car parts, i'll go to a local store to get them, and not have to pay hundreds of dollars in shipping to have a part shipped cross country, or worse, internationally, or i'll use something like ebay or craigslist to get parts (granted those only work here in the states). Granted I don't have a car that's rare enough to need special parts, I don't really see a benefit in all the added work it would take to set up classifieds here.