Okay, I hate my PC -- time for a new one

^ My MSI stuff NEVER went wrong. Not once... 3 Mobos and 2 GPUs so far...

3 MSI boards so far. Only one went and that's because my brother did something to fry the board. He mentioned something about fiddling with the RAM while the system was running.

Other than that, RMA was good, and my boards are still rocking.

Agreed. Shitty motherboards, shitty graphics cards, shitty notebooks, shitty drivers, shitty technical support. More ShIt.
Yeah, but for 2/3 ($100 less) of the normal price? That's really hard to pass up.

I mean, is it worth paying $92 more for an eVGA?

^ I can't validate that. My cards fan stopped working overnight. Made for a nice melted blob of plastics. Mot to mention that they made it impossible to replace by putting a transistor in a place so that no aftermarket fan would fit.

MSI..never again.

Agreed. Shitty motherboards, shitty graphics cards, shitty notebooks, shitty drivers, shitty technical support. More ShIt.

The one MSI motherboard I had, basically deteriorated in a year. It would barely keep the system stable at stock speed before I replaced it.

MSI = No.

Are you guys jealous or something? I've built systems for two people using an MSI barebones kit and they turned out great.

TBH, MSI are good, I think it is down to bad luck. All the boards are good, it simply depends on the chipset design, not the motherboard maker as much.

Is your new PC up and running now Viper?

owner buy hardware

if hardware dies
then owner haet hardware brand
else owner loev hardware brand
end if

eh, thats how it works right? :p

Is your new PC up and running now Viper?
Only had the RAM. PSU and new hard drive arrived today. My CPU, mobo, and HSF are off seeing the world. My video card won't ship until the 10th because Dell.com sucks, but I saved $100 by buying it from them.

Only had the RAM. PSU and new hard drive arrived today. My CPU, mobo, and HSF are off seeing the world. My video card won't ship until the 10th because Dell.com sucks, but I saved $100 by buying it from them.

Off seeing the world, lol. Sorry to laugh at this unfortunate situation, but the way you said it made me chuckle :lol:

Don't -1 me, but I get all my stuff from Newegg next-day. It's nice to live 33 miles away from their main distribution center 8)
Bastard.

Fedex gets it to me in 2-3 days, but UPS likes to ship it here and then let it sit until the time is up. Or worse, ship it to Kansas. :rolleyes:

Don't -1 me, but I get all my stuff from Newegg next-day. It's nice to live 33 miles away from their main distribution center 8)

Gotta pay tax though :p

My wife is going to college in TN, and they have a warehouse in Memphis, so I get stuff ultra fast too, but no I have to pay tax on everything, which I never had to do when I ordered from Newegg while living back home in MI. When I built a new system a few months back, the tax was like almost $100. It would have been cheaper to have it shipped to my mom's in MI, and then to have her re-ship it here, but I was lazy and wanted my stuff the next day :D

<3

Are you guys jealous or something? I've built systems for two people using an MSI barebones kit and they turned out great.

Worked for a place that dealt with MSI all the time.. parts failed all the time. Also bought a notebook from them, which has NOT WORKED since I bought it over a year ago-- its on the 5th rma, and out of warranty. Fuck that.

Worked for a place that dealt with MSI all the time.. parts failed all the time. Also bought a notebook from them, which has NOT WORKED since I bought it over a year ago-- its on the 5th rma, and out of warranty. Fuck that.

I take it you've never had the pleasure of using ECS motherboards? They are the worst, not MSI. Foxconn and PC Chips are just as bad, but MSI is nowhere in the same league.

^I never said MSI was the worst, but based on my experience with the motherboard, I wouldn't buy another one from them. I was actually very impressed with it initially, but it degraded quickly.

Rooting around on some computer forums revealed that MSI uses inferior electrical components compared to Asus, DFI and Gigabyte.

Man I hope Dell ships my video card tomorrow. I'm really getting tired of this PC and cannot wait for my faster CPU (encoding, 1080p, etc.) as well as to play Crysis (I've held off to avoid spoiling it's graphics with my shitty video card).

Plus, having all but one part of my PC sitting behind me for days and days now is driving me nuts.

I take it you've never had the pleasure of using ECS motherboards? They are the worst, not MSI. Foxconn and PC Chips are just as bad, but MSI is nowhere in the same league.

You mean the shit that they stuffed in eMachines :p

I have dealt with the other brands, but those are just cheap shit. You think you get good quality for paying a bit with MSI, but nooo...

AssRock
Foxconn-you-into-a-DOA
MSI (Micro Shit International)
Tiger Direct/PC Chips [need I say more?]