OkCupid! Politics Test

Bitko said:
Hasn't surprised me, and no wonder that us Asians do not have a party platform in US or Canada that we can relate to.
Oh, I'm sure there is one you could find. You just have to search for it.

And I'm truly surprised that there are still totalitarians in today's age...

From a werstern perspective, many Asians or Asian countries might seem totalitarian, that is only because Asians give priority to peace and prosperity over freedom. To many Asians they find that there is too much freedom in the west.

Bitko said:
From a werstern perspective, many Asians or Asian countries might seem totalitarian, that is only because Asians give priority to peace and prosperity over freedom. To many Asians they find that there is too much freedom in the west.

Canada is like that compared to the US, our motto (can't think of a better word) is "peace, order, and good government".

SiR_dude said:
Sometimes, despite our freedom, I think they have the right idea.... :?
That sentence makes me shudder with concern.

Yes, the Japanese might not be much different from Germans. Japanese, most racist people on earth, thought the Chinese were not even humans and the Koreans born to be their slave.
When I say Asian culture I do not mean Japanese discipline, I mean social values that stem from Cunfucious, Buddah and Islam. Respect for parents, elders, teachers etc.; adherence to the law; the laws being strict and so on. To give an example, in Singapore they have made it a law that grand parents have the right to spend one day of the week their grand children; then there is another law that compells wealthy people to take care of their aging parents instead of them rotting in some old age home.
To tell you frankly, I find it appaling the way old people are treated in the west. In Asia, they are almost treated like god; and son who is 60 still has to take orders from his 85 or 90 year old parents.

Bitko said:
Yes, the Japanese might not be much different from Germans. Japanese, most racist people on earth, thought the Chinese were not even humans and the Koreans born to be their slave.

Please tell me you didn't draw the connection there :(

You can't deny Germany's Nazi past and its Neo-Nazi present. Trust me Germany is far cry from being the kind of country Canada is, a true mosaic of races and cultures.
When I goto to Germany, I am, without even being asked assumed Turkish and then made to be felt unwanted. What you say that in german"Ausl?nder", thats what most immigrants in Germany are labelled and told to get out.

Bitko said:
You can't deny Germany's Nazi past and its Neo-Nazi present. Trust me Germany is far cry from being the kind of country Canada is, a true mosaic of races and cultures.
When I goto to Germany, I am, without even being asked assumed Turkish and then made to be felt unwanted. What you say that in german"Ausl?nder", thats what most immigrants in Germany are labelled and told to get out.
A rather sweeping statement. And as for Canada being a "true mosaic of races and cultures..." you might want to research their persecution and rather harsh treatment of the Eskimos.

Germany's Nazi past has little to nothing to do with its present. Sounds like you met some people fed up with the stereotypical Turk.

We persecute Eskimos!? Uh, yeah......tell me more.

When I said that sometimes I think some of the Asian countries have the right idea, I meant more of what Bitko described...the strict enforcement of the law, respect, etc.....sometimes, with all our freedom, we just take it too far.

SiR_dude said:
We persecute Eskimos!? Uh, yeah......tell me more.
About as much today as the U.S. still persecutes its Native population.

SiR_dude said:
When I said that sometimes I think some of the Asian countries have the right idea, I meant more of what Bitko described...the strict enforcement of the law, respect, etc.....sometimes, with all our freedom, we just take it too far.
And I still say that's scary. Strict enforcement of the law is no problem...but too much freedom? I would say we don't have nearly enough in the West.

SiR_dude said:
We persecute Eskimos!? Uh, yeah......tell me more...

A long time ago (in a galaxy far away), when Canada was still a colony, we would take the native children and make them learn English, and convert them Christianity. We also built little villages that we forced them to live in.

It was sort of a bad attempt at helping them - Canada's greatest crime. :p

Daniel said:
:lol: :lol:

What about Bryan Adams?
:lol:
You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth.

Add Quebec to that list. :p

But we can thank them for Jim Carrey, Dan Akyroyd, Chong, Phil Hartman, Matthew Perry, William Shatner (Bill!), and Martin Short.

And we (Americans) can also thank them for inexpensive prescription drugs, even though they're gonna cut back on that very soon (it's official).

We're the home of comedians:
Norm MacDonald
William Shatner
Brendan Fraser
Colin Mochrie
John Candy
Dave Foley
Tom Green
Matthew Perry
Martin Short
Dan Aykroyd
Mike Myers