Ownership Verified: Old car out, new car in.. could've gone smoother

whats that 2.0 liter engine like? bout 170bhp? whats it like to drive....im curious because i was always a bit wary that, like the fiesta ST, this car might not be as fast as i thought.

170bhp it has yes. Quick it is yes. Fast it isn't. With Traction Control disabled (my car has none FTW!) you can achieve sub-7.0 second 0-62mph sprints. From 30mph-80mph it pulls pretty good, but you need to rev the nuts off of it and change gear at 7,100 rpm to get the full experience. You can "churp" the tires shifting from 1st to 2nd and actually 2nd to 3rd if done right. I've enjoyed driving mine up to a point. Handles better than anything else I've driven, and is definitely an awsome daily driver. Don't expect it to be a good family car with limited space in the back seat and rather harsh ride.

Well, the punch when accelerating is quite mediocre, but coming from mondeo 1.8 115hp it does have very pleasent surge when gathering speed. Havent driven a fiesta st, but it is a lighter car and measely 20hp less. It should perform quite similar to this.

Actually, you'll need to learn where the powerband is because the acceleration is quite brisk above 3,000rpm. From a stop it is rather bland unless you drop the hammer @ 3k. :lol: It can be made quick off the line with an ECU tune, TB and intake. Or be lazy and spend $2,000 for a supercharger.

I hope you have better mechanical luck than I have had with mine. You got the color I wanted, that blue is brilliant. :D

dont get me wrong.. it has punch but i thought it would be just more. Suprisingly heavy this pile of equipment is...

2750 pounds is heavy? That's what the 5dr weighs.

well i had one size bigger mondeo which weighs the same, gone to a smaller car that weighs the same..
thats why it was a suprise

well atm im looking to get rust proofing to this car.. shouldve done sooner but work requires me to use my own car. so i can be without it atm.
Also some fiddling with the paint should be done.. maybe professional zirconite treatment. As the weather clears out (read. not freezing my ass off) i will try to get the subwoofer to work with aftermarket headunit. Nothing major.

My paintjob is in desperate need too, some decoloring occurs here and there on my roof but I'm waiting for the raining to stop.
Maybe I should post my car in here ;)

Plus, what tyres are you on at summer?

i have stock ST170 17" rims and gt radial 215/45R17 tyres on them. They came with the car, otherwise i wouldnt have bought gt radials. They are a bit on the noisy side.

And i would love to see your ride also..

Last edited:
i have stock ST170 17" rims and gt radial 215/45R17 tyres on them. They came with the car, otherwise i wouldnt have bought gt radials. They are a bit on the noisy side.

And i would love to see your ride also..
Someone I know here (Greece) nearly got his rim caps stolen, but I have my removed (regular Focus rims) for reasons of "I think it's nicer that way".
Planning on lowering my car with Kilen Springs and can't find any information (-30mm or -35mm?).
As soon as I take some decent pictures, I'll present my humble 1.6! :)

Got new brake discs and pads to the front. Shall see if it does fix the weird noise it was making.

Washed,waxed and bit james mayed the car.. luckily my cam batteries are at home charging and im 220kms away from them..

IMG_3825.jpg

hbd2y!

Did some washing:
fokke_detailing.jpg

And in summerform again:
fokke_v5.jpg

Looks great and clean. The only weird thing(and maybe only comes out in pics) is that the headlamps look too chromed. But maybe that's just me. They're the stock ones, aren't they?

yeah those are the stock HID clusters ford gave the car as a sort of "see you out" upgrade before the MK2 focus came along. Before those you could get the regular face lift headlamps with black surround rather than shiny chrome. I would of loved a pair of those HID models on my focus when I had it, they look awesome and were copied by a few 3rd party parts makers.

As the weather clears out (read. not freezing my ass off) i will try to get the subwoofer to work with aftermarket headunit. Nothing major.
Well it was 17 degrees celsius today and got this done, glad i was prepared with plan-b solution and some spare parts. But now my audiohpile speakers and sub works with my clarion HU. YAY! Surprisingly good sounding combination.
ONWARDS!

It was my cars 1 year birthday (my ownership that is) and gave it a quick wash + two rounds of wax. Auto glym red (cleaner) and a zaino wax on top of that. next morning noticed 2 bird shites on the car (ofc just after the waxing) luckily the wax made them easy to remove + I loved the pearl effect when i drove it in the rain. Car has done 18k kms now and after a rough start it has been reliable and fun car to own.

Pics are on my cam now and i will post them when i get to home.
IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg
IMG_3802.jpg

Last edited: