Ownership Verified: Old car out, new car in.. could've gone smoother

Digging the graveyard again... but its till rockin like a champion. rear hatch struts are bought because of winter (went psshhhh when used in -26c and does not hold the hatch up anymore). Havent changed them yet.

Only one issue is left with this car and that is the problem when it warms up a bit (about a 1/3rd of engine temp cauge) it feels that it has a loss of torque and slight judder while applying steady gas. Its like your pumping your gas pedal slightly. And it lasts for about 2-5 seconds only, then its normal again. Its at its worse at 1700-2200rpm. Over and under that its more mellow. Any ideas?

Perhaps it runs a little rich on that occasion? The 205 does that when it's not warmed up yet.

added a proof pic:
proofpic.jpg

Last edited:
Digging the graveyard again... but its till rockin like a champion. rear hatch struts are bought because of winter (went psshhhh when used in -26c and does not hold the hatch up anymore). Havent changed them yet.

Only one issue is left with this car and that is the problem when it warms up a bit (about a 1/3rd of engine temp cauge) it feels that it has a loss of torque and slight judder while applying steady gas. Its like your pumping your gas pedal slightly. And it lasts for about 2-5 seconds only, then its normal again. Its at its worse at 1700-2200rpm. Over and under that its more mellow. Any ideas?

My SVT does something similar on cold mornings. It kind of chugs/jerks a bit in second gear at 20 mph or so. I've heard that a tuner will sometimes get rid of that.

added a proof pic:
proofpic.jpg

I got annoyed with how the stock knob looked, so I bought a cheap aluminum knob off of Amazon and engraved the pattern and logo with my laser enraver.

e5era6e6.jpg

as you can see i gave him a birthday present, full tank of gas :)

nope.. when i bought it, it had p1381. Which is a pain in a butt. But no p1518

http://www.nettiauto.com/ford/focus/6204079
It is now up for "sale".

Ive been looking for a replacement and it is just easier to link this to the seller than explain everything over and over again...

Two offers already... o/
1978 Honda CB750 and a 2003 Volvo V70... <_<

Last edited:
My Finnish is a bit rusty (read: nonexistent), and so I can't read the Nettiauto advert properly. Can't find any price.

Thats because i did not post one... Its not mandatory and because im not selling it before i have a replacement (or i get a decent exchange offer)

Ive been mainly looking for a bmw 320d or 325d estate.

oh and the rear hatch struts were changed about a week ago.. 10min job with a flathead screwdriver as a weapon of choice.

It now holds the hatch very nicely.. maybe a bit too high.

oh and the rear hatch struts were changed about a week ago.. 10min job with a flathead screwdriver as a weapon of choice.

It now holds the hatch very nicely.. maybe a bit too high.
IMG_20140404_172836%20(1).jpg

IMG_20140404_172953%20(1).jpg

And as it seems.. its a bit too high... reclamation letter has been sent to the seller (biltema) with receipt, description, details of the car, details of the product i used (specifically made for my car model + biltema registration number search listed this as compatitible part) and the estimation of repair costs.

Firstly... got a response from Biltema... They are willing to pay me 296? for the damage and return my cash from the struts... I call that success.

Secondly, what you will get when you combine a rather small finn, some fosters radler, one sunny morning, wet sandpaper and these bits and bobs
8872724889630.jpg
IMG_8687.jpg
IMG_8688.jpg

From this:
IMG_8668.jpg

Via these:
IMG_8674.jpg
IMG_8678.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

to this:
IMG_8690.jpg

comparing the sides: