Status
Not open for further replies.

PacketCollision

Server Admin/Crasher
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
generator on wheels
This info is for an old server, and is here only for historical purposes:

Well, it's happened again; I've decided that things weren't _quite_ right and have restructured the minecraft server completely. I hope you like it!

Basic Info
Address: minecraft.finalgear.com
Game version: 1.2.3 with several mods.
You must have all mods installed to play. I am working on a custom launcher that will take care of everything, but for now it's a bit complicated:
First, make sure you have minecraft 1.2.3. If you've updated to 1.2.4 or 1.2.5, downgrade with MCNostalgia. You don't have to do this in your main minecraft dir. Second, get the pack of mods, and extract it somewhere (inside the minecraft directory you're using works well). Get SK89Q's launcher. Set it up so that it loads all of the mods listed (except Optifine, if that causes graphics bugs for you), in the order below:
mods.png

If all goes well, you should be able to click "Launch" and play on the server.

Mods
  • BuildCraft
  • IndustrialCraft[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • RedPower 2
  • Forestry for BuildCraft
  • Additional Pipes for BuildCraft
  • CompactSolars for IC[sup]2[/sup]
  • Power Converters for IC[sup]2[/sup] and BuildCraft
  • EnderChest
  • NotEnoughItems
  • TallDoors
  • Multiverse
  • CraftProxy
  • Lift
  • Dynmap
  • Very Sticky Pistons
  • WorldEdit
  • WorldEdit CUI
  • WorldBorder
  • WorldGuard
  • GriefPrevention
  • bPermissions
  • MonsterIRC
(I'll try to get links up to everything as soon as I can).

The creative world is the same one we've been playing with for ages.
The adventure world is brand new.

I'm open to adding any mod that is compatible with SMP and Bukkit, just start a thread with a poll to gauge interest.

Last edited:
Cool...

Getting an error when I join the server though, something about "NEI version mismatch: Outdated Server"?

Trying to figure out what I have to do in order to make that work... It reads easier than its done.

My MC was at 1.2.4. I patched it to 1.2.3 with mcnostalgia, which asked me then to delete the bin-folder and start the launcher again, in order to finalize the process. But that just made MC autoupdate to 1.2.5 ... :blink: Then I started MCNostalgia again, did the same thing again and suddenly it was done in 1 second and it said its done (not demanding any deleting). I guess it needed to be 1.2.5 in the first place to be able to downgrade to 1.2.3. After that everything worked just fine. Getting the same error as Loz, but its working, I am online.

Cool...

Getting an error when I join the server though, something about "NEI version mismatch: Outdated Server"?

That error is known, and doesn't matter. I'm waiting on an answer from the mod author about why it's happening. I'll just remove the server component for now, which should suppress the message.

Trying to figure out what I have to do in order to make that work... It reads easier than its done.

My MC was at 1.2.4. I patched it to 1.2.3 with mcnostalgia, which asked me then to delete the bin-folder and start the launcher again, in order to finalize the process. But that just made MC autoupdate to 1.2.5 ... :blink: Then I started MCNostalgia again, did the same thing again and suddenly it was done in 1 second and it said its done (not demanding any deleting). I guess it needed to be 1.2.5 in the first place to be able to downgrade to 1.2.3. After that everything worked just fine. Getting the same error as Loz, but its working, I am online.

Yes, MCNostalgia works by binpatching the latest version of minecraft back down to the version you want, so it requires you to start at 1.2.5 at the moment. When a new version of minecraft comes out, it will require that version instead.

Last edited:
Since we're on our own set of mods now... Extended pistons?

Since we're on our own set of mods now... Extended pistons?

It looks like Extended Pistons should work on the server. I'm going to try to get the custom launcher working before I add it, so that people don't have to keep adding and updating mods whenever I tweak the server, but if I can't get the launcher working today, I'll go ahead and add it and update the mod archive above.

Gah, if only I had time to actually play. Stupid hectic schedule.

I added the mod ComputerCraft. You'll need to update your install.

You may need to delete the "buildcraft", "config", and "redpower" folders in your minecraft folder if your game crashes.

Last edited:
Gah, I can't figure it out. My launcher keeps crashing, and I've tried deleting the buildcraft/config/redpower folders.

Darn you computercraft!

1st: Make sure you're running MC 1.2.3 (not .5 which is the latest)
2nd: Unpack the mod-zip to your addons-folder.
3rd: Add the mods in the SK-launcher and sort them as seen in the screenshot.
4th: If you get an error regarding something with block ID and 208, go to .minecraft/config/ and open the computercraft-cfg and replace the blockID 208 with 206.
5th: Play. It should work.

If you have different symptoms, please explain more detailed. If you already had the mod-pack installed before Computercraft was added, its not enough to just add that mod, because PC also updated some other mods (IC2 f.e.). Hence replacing the full mod-zip.

HTH

I'm still working on a better launcher, which I hope to have working for our 1.2.5 upgrade. In the meantime, try deleting your minecraft directory and starting from the top.

1st: Make sure you're running MC 1.2.3 (not .5 which is the latest)
2nd: Unpack the mod-zip to your addons-folder.
3rd: Add the mods in the SK-launcher and sort them as seen in the screenshot.
4th: If you get an error regarding something with block ID and 208, go to .minecraft/config/ and open the computercraft-cfg and replace the blockID 208 with 206.
5th: Play. It should work.

If you have different symptoms, please explain more detailed. If you already had the mod-pack installed before Computercraft was added, its not enough to just add that mod, because PC also updated some other mods (IC2 f.e.). Hence replacing the full mod-zip.

HTH

Ah, that might be it. I just selected the ones I needed and extracted them into there. I might just go full clean install and see if that works when I get home.

The version patching software does not function, so you will need the 1.2.3 minecraft.jar file. Let us know if you need it.

So... has everyone given up on MC?

I haven't given up, I just don't feel like playing it as often as I used to. The trouble is that for me the only way to make it interesting is to take on a big project, but then part way in I get bored. That big pyramid was built by me to turn into an automated 'supermarket' but there's so much work involved collecting resources I can't be bothered. :lol:

I'm also working on a single player adventure map, slowly.

Was playing hardcore as a last effort to have some mc fun. Until a creeper got me in the stronghold, that bastard.
Online seems very complicated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.