[OLD] FinalGear Image/File Hosting [PhyreFile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowt funny about it, it's shoddy design. There is no link on Phyrefile.com that links to the file uploading section and nothing states that it is images only. In fact it clearly says "Files to Upload", "select, one or more files" and the file type is not limited to images like it is on the version of the forum.
(Not having a go BTW, it's a great service.)

Nowt funny about it, it's shoddy design. There is no link on Phyrefile.com that links to the file uploading section and nothing states that it is images only. In fact it clearly says "Files to Upload", "select, one or more files" and the file type is not limited to images like it is on the version of the forum.

Then your browser sucks. It will only show and allow you to select allowed filetypes.

The "lite" version actually is on the one that needs work. Quiky fucked up and used an old version of the code as a base, heh.

Then your browser sucks. It will only show and allow you to select allowed filetypes.

The "lite" version actually is on the one that needs work. Quiky fucked up and used an old version of the code as a base, heh.

I've just worked out that when you go onto Phyrefile it is fine, but if you follow one of the other links after logging in for example, the home page is slightly different and there is no limitation on file type.

Normal

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/03/27/phyreproblem2.jpg

After following "Home" link

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/03/27/phyreproblem.jpg

Note the input box and the different button in your 2nd screenshot.

The Javascript is failing to load (error in the bottom left) due to IE's shittiness and so the old school file upload isn't being replaced by the JS/SWF powered one.

I'll look into it.

Note the input box and the different button in your 2nd screenshot.

The Javascript is failing to load (error in the bottom left) due to IE's shittiness and so the old school file upload isn't being replaced by the JS/SWF powered one.

I'll look into it.

IE7 would appear to be to blame, it works fine on Firefox.

Lite is the current version, Viper007bond.. I checked several times.

Btw, files.phyrefile.com is the oldass upload code, and probably wont be supported anymore.

I checked the html source and this is what i found

lite:

Code:
types: {'Images (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.png)': '*.jpg; *.jpeg; *.gif; *.png'},

normal:

Code:
types: {'Images (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.png, *.gif, *.bmp, *.tif, *.tiff)': '*.jpg; *.jpeg; *.png; *.gif; *.bmp; *.tif; *.tiff'},

but that seems ok...

Yep, lite has that hard coded. It needs it's _header.php file updated.

Which Viper can do cause he has permissions to do it..

This doesn't work at all for me. First, when I try to register, it gives me a ridiculously complicated image code that is impossible to read, then after cycling through to find one I can read, it tells me my email addy is invalid. Well it hasn't been for the last 4 years!

If I don't register, I can't see the image I upload. Looks like it's back to Imageshack for me, then.

Or just wait for Quiky to fix it. :p

I didn't realise it was broken. :lol:

I read to the top of the page and none of it made much sense, so I ignored it. :D

it tells me my email addy is invalid. Well it hasn't been for the last 4 years!

It uses regex to check for a valid structure (so you can't just type in "foobar" or something). PM me your e-mail address.

I dunno if this has been mentioned, but when I go to upload an image, the little progress bar gets to 97%, then stalls.
Picture%203.png

Using the Firefox 3 Beta, also tried on Firefox 2 under OS X and Windows XP, same thing happens.

^Well, this is as far as it's gotten for me in about 5 minutes. Did it the other day, too.

http://img440.imageshack.**/img440/3766/wtfdv2.png

No, not for my personal collection, for the funny picture thread.

It worked flawlessly when I uploaded 79 pics in the photography forum, but then it wouldn't select more than 1 pic a little later.

Status
Not open for further replies.