Old Games

Strelok16

Car(s)
'69 Mustang project, '92 Buick Retiree-gal
So I had the thought to start a thread about old games (I searched, so don't hurt me if there already is one D: ) because right now i'm kicking myself for never picking up copies of the No One Lives Forever games when they were in the bargain bin. I had a good chance to pick them up for cheap, but now I can't find them anywhere. blarg.

So anyone else have old games they still like and still play?

Last edited:
Super Mario World comes up constantly. I'll put it down and another friend will come into my life who want to play it. That game was truly awesome.

I still go back and play through the Mega Man games. The 8-bit ones.

I've been playing OpenTTD in my spare time (www.openttd.org). Stupid addictive ass game. I love building railway networks :lol:.

I'm also thinking of reinstalling Grand Prix World. My problem is that once I start a season I must finish it in one stretch... so I waste too much time playing it...

Perfect Dark (2001, N64) just got re-released with slightly upgraded graphics (and widescreen) with splitscreen and xbox live support for all its multiplayer modes (Including Counter-Operative)

Considering that game ruined my high school grades singlehandedly, i decided to get it again. Its like 10 dollars. Buy it, my xbox name is "MattD1zzl3"

My husband collects old & obscure video games, and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the 3DO- particularly for the awful FMV games that came out for it. My very favorite is Psychic Detective. I've probably gotten every ending twice, but I still love to play it, bad acting, cheesy dialogue & all.

I still go back and play through the Mega Man games. The 8-bit ones.

A couple of months ago I worked my way through all of them on my lunch breaks at work on my laptop. :p

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Heroes 3 Might and magic
and sometimes Settlers 4

I still play them at least once a month especially ET, IMO its still one of the best fps ever created

I've been playing OpenTTD in my spare time (www.openttd.org). Stupid addictive ass game. I love building railway networks :lol:.

I'm also thinking of reinstalling Grand Prix World. My problem is that once I start a season I must finish it in one stretch... so I waste too much time playing it...

Do you run each race in it's entirety or use the fast forward button? I found if you skip the race while managing Jordan or Arrows or something you'll probably end up winning it and receiving all the benefits it brings :p

Wish I knew where my disc was coz I would so reinstall it :(

Awesome, I found my old horse racing manager game where you train race horses and race them against other horses in big races such as the Kentucky Derby, etc. You buy and sell horses and place bets to earn money.

Last edited:
My favorite old game. Grim Fandango by far.

Also I just randomly remembered about The Neverhood. I need to look that up and play it sometime.

@Red_Bull

Actually, I used to micromanage qualifying when I played the game proper, and would simulate the race back in the day.

Now, however, because of my impatience and susceptibility to finish a season in one stretch, I simulate both race and qually. I spend way too much time micromanaging R&D, and the budget though :lol:.

I posted a screenshot of my best ever performance in the Codemasters F1 championship thread on this subforum, if you hadn't seen it yet :p. I was super proud of myself doing that with Minardi :lol:.

If you wanna play it again, I can probably make arrangements about it, since I use an ISO and a crack, now. My CD died ages ago :p. Send me a PM!

Hmm, Heries of Might & Magic... Might dig up HOMM3 from somewhere and install on my laptop... Also, Neverhood is a pretty cool game. I can't imagine the amount of effort that would have gone into making of that...

Something I'm playing at the moment is MadTV. It's a reasonably simple managerial game where you control a TV company. It's quite simple and does not have that much depth to it but for some reason I absolutely love it.

An old game that I miss the most is Alpha Centauri. That was a great game and I wish I still had it.

My uncle still plays that game! :p

I much prefer Civ II, though. I got my dad hooked on Civ II, and now he's an absolute monster at the latest one haha. Every night, 2 hours a night are reserved for him and his Civ. Nothing can and should take that away from him :D

Two of my favorite games ever: Beyond Good & Evil and Space Station Silicon Valley. BG&E isn't really too old, but I highly suggest checking it out. It's only 10 bucks on Steam! (Although much better experienced with a console controller.)

right now i'm kicking myself for never picking up copies of the No One Lives Forever games when they were in the bargain bin.
I think I threw NOLF and NOLF2 in the bin about half a year ago ... I hated it.

Two games have stuck with me quite some time ... one was FIFA98 - road to the world cup and the other was Quake3Arena. Fifa98, I played for about 10 years ... simply because EA releases the game every year with improved graphics and worse controls ... I tried the demo each year and always stuck with the 98 version.

I've been playing Seiken Densetsu 3 lately. It could be better - difficulty curve is bizarre and the controls and collision detection aren't good - but man it's pretty for a 15 year old game.

I've been into fan translations for a while, but never tried to finish it until now.

I love to play old games, particularly these:

- Duke Nukem 3D (using EDuke32 with HRP and dynamic lighting)

http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/7107/duke0016.th.jpg http://img407.imageshack.**/img407/627/duke0026.th.jpg

- Transport Tycoon (OpenTTD) with various user-made sets
- Command & Conquer games up to Generals ZH
- Wolfenstein 3-D, Doom, Hexen and Quake
- Half-Life
- various NES, SNES and DOS era platformers (I have a soft spot for Hudson's Adventure Island)
- old school Need for Speed games (pre-Underground)

I generally prefer old games to the new ones :)