• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

oliB, is this typical German :)

LMFAO....that guy is surely on crack or something...or is it a normal custom for middle aged guys to go tape themselves singing. :lol:

Normally I can understand German a little bit, but I don't have a clue what this dude is saying, and since it's coming from a Norwegian site, are you sure this guy ain't Norwegian?

ESPNSTI said:
Normally I can understand German a little bit, but I don't have a clue what this dude is saying, and since it's coming from a Norwegian site, are you sure this guy ain't Norwegian?

And I usually recognize Norwegian, cause everyone can speak Norway just put few very hot potatoes to your mouth and speak, you'll sound like an original Norwegian :) . But seriously I can't also recognize what he says, but he sounded like German ppl do or then again wouldn't be very big surprise that he had developed his own crack language :D .

Hi!

This guy speaks german, that's right!
But he has a strong accent, I guess he is an Austrian. 8)

The first song is "Dragestea Din Tei" by O-Zone. A very popular song at the moment here in Europe, it's Italian.

The second song seems to be some kind of harcore-techno-mix ( which I never heard before) of "1, 2 Polizei" by Modo. I believe Modo is Italian too, even though the song is German. But it's really old - from the 80's - at that time the "Deutsche Welle" was popular, a certain style of music. If you ask me, it's crap. :wink:

ESPNSTI said:
Normally I can understand German a little bit

You have too!
It seems like every Dutchman speaks German... :wink:

cya
Oli

I just love this language.. now if I could kick my ass a little to start learning it...

BTW what does he say near 1:43?

at the beginning he says he's got that new song stuck in the head right?

BTW it sounds like a hardcore remix just cause he plays it faster

oliB said:
It seems like every Dutchman speaks German... :wink:
- It's usually a requirement in school to learn German
- Before that, usually German tv can be watched in the Netherlands, especially with good American series and movies, but DUBBED in German, which is just absolutely awful (glad I don't have to hear that anymore).
- There is some level of similarity between Dutch and German.
Dutch is somewhat of a mix of English, German and some French (or is English, German and French derived from Dutch? j/k :) )

i speak dutch! 8) :p

and dutch is a mix of everything. the first time dutch was used (invented :s) was in the 14th ceintury, and over time we've been invaded by whole of europe, and took some things from all languages (i guess the germans were the last to invado--> every dutchman speaks german).
and now dutch is VERY hard to learn for a foreigner, but if you speak dutch, it's rather easy to learn another language.

and for clarity, i'm from belgium, not holland

I think Belgium has the best fries in the world... I miss those.
They also have a beautiful race track : Spa.

bone said:

and dutch is a mix of everything. the first time dutch was used (invented :s) was in the 14th ceintury, and over time we've been invaded by whole of europe, and took some things from all languages (i guess the germans were the last to invado--> every dutchman speaks german).
and now dutch is VERY hard to learn for a foreigner, but if you speak dutch, it's rather easy to learn another language.

Actually, it's widely believed that English is the hardest language in the world to learn if you've never heard it before....

I've got Dutch heritage, so I understand a coupla phrases...but not much. I actually know more French from school than Dutch :oops:

I can't imagine English would be the hardest, hell I find English easier than Dutch, and Dutch is my native language :lol: .

SiR_dude said:
bone said:

Actually, it's widely believed that English is the hardest language in the world to learn if you've never heard it before....

I've got Dutch heritage, so I understand a coupla phrases...but not much. I actually know more French from school than Dutch :oops:

WTF dude! english is so easy to learn! japanese, chineese and french are much harder!

Renesis said:
SiR_dude said:

WTF dude! english is so easy to learn! japanese, chineese and french are much harder!

English is very difficult to learn! There are way too many exceptions to rules, we use tonnes of slang, and a lot of the logic behind many of our rules makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Yeah: where, were, we're, etc. Hell, so many people I know can't even use those right...

Hey at least English doesn't have male and female versions for "the" and "a" like French.
You have to remember for EACH noun which one you can use.
In Dutch you have two versions of the word "the" but they don't have anything to do with gender and again you have to remember for EACH noun which one to use.
I believe German may have something similar with the whole "das", "der", "die", dem" stuff.
In that respect English is easy.