Olympic Games NOT coming to Norway, IOC members with crazy demands !!

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
IOC handed over 7000(!) pages of demands for Norway if they were to host the the OLympics, some examples:

new exclusive road lanes only for their cars

green lights only for their cars

hotels has to hold 20 celcius 24/7

hotels has to provide a butler for each IOC member avaliable 24/7

IOC memebers must have access to the best foods 24/7 everywhere

IOC must be invited to the Kings Castle for a IOC party and the King has to pay (you do not invite yourself to the castle, you get invited)

Now, this is Norway. OK? NORWAY? We are social democratic people, we have huge luxury taxes, "we" hate rich people and do not salute eccessive use of money.

When I heard about these 7000 IOC pages with their silly demans I was like ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING IOC?

Damn.. needless to say, Norway said "No thanks" :)

The demands are ridiculous, but Norwegians are also ridiculous for saying no because no nation on earth cares more about the winter olympics than Norway, Lillyhammer 94 is the proudest moment in the country's history!

During Sotsj the mayor of Oslo refused the employees to watch the games during work hours, which resulted in a public outcry, the leader of the biggest union criticized him.

The point is, the cost are high, the demands are silly, but who the fuck cares, it would have been an amazing event, weather allowing maybe even as good as Lillyhammer.

Norway is not the first to voluntarily drop out of the race to host Olympic games this time. Germany has done it too, in form of Munich's citizen voting against applicating. Graub?nden/Switzerland and Stockholm did also decide against it, because of the high costs if I recall correctly. The system is: The IOC collects, and the host country pays the huge bill, only for being the focus of worldwide media coverage for a few weeks.

The Olympic Games (along with Football World Cups, by the way) have become a monument of megalomania (see Sotchi - Winter Games in a region that was a summer vacation retreat before), and the recent trend of letting dictatorships host them because these countries are willing to pay the IOC better is only showing that.
I'm glad that more and more democratic societies are not willing to put up with the IOC bullshit anymore.

The demands are ridiculous, but Norwegians are also ridiculous for saying no because no nation on earth cares more about the winter olympics than Norway, Lillyhammer 94 is the proudest moment in the country's history!

During Sotsj the mayor of Oslo refused the employees to watch the games during work hours, which resulted in a public outcry, the leader of the biggest union criticized him.

The point is, the cost are high, the demands are silly, but who the fuck cares, it would have been an amazing event, weather allowing maybe even as good as Lillyhammer.

I would say I agree on 69% of this.

Norway is not the first to voluntarily drop out of the race to host Olympic games this time. Germany has done it too, in form of Munich's citizen voting against applicating. Graub?nden/Switzerland and Stockholm did also decide against it, because of the high costs if I recall correctly. The system is: The IOC collects, and the host country pays the huge bill, only for being the focus of worldwide media coverage for a few weeks.

The Olympic Games (along with Football World Cups, by the way) have become a monument of megalomania (see Sotchi - Winter Games in a region that was a summer vacation retreat before), and the recent trend of letting dictatorships host them because these countries are willing to pay the IOC better is only showing that.
I'm glad that more and more democratic societies are not willing to put up with the IOC bullshit anymore.
:nod:

[...]

Indeed. The IOC or Fifa have been getting away with this sort of shit in recent years but the way things have been going the last couple of "games", I would not be surprised if there were not some "alternative Olympics" formed somewhere in the coming years. I think a lot of countries are sick and tired of this shit.

The alternative olympics is also known as the x-games :nod:

At some point the opulence has to start backing off though, it can't just keep ramping up forever. And it's not even that things need to just be new and shiny, every venue needs to somehow be impossibly faster than any previous venues, I find that kind of ridiculous.

IOC are a bunch of douchebags.

Reactions: haz
i bet berny is laughing his ass off
"i better go show them how it's done!" :p