Olympics

BMX is retarded. Should never have been an Olympic sport.

Yeah, really don't get why equestrian is in the Olympics.

Damn it! Naide Gomes didn't even qualify for the finals in her event. I'm crushed! :cry:
_44479992_gomes416.jpg

340x.jpg

I know it seems out of subject now but i couldn't reply earlier...
Brother Michael you live in a fantastic imaginary world my friend. I wish i could live there with you. I am sure you believe Santa Claus exists, nobody lies, wars are always for ideals and never for profit etc etc. You talked about evolution. Yes...it is a well know fact that evolution in a race a. comes from 1 million ppl in 6 billion training and b. happens every 5-10 years.lol. anyway that's all i had to say,it is fairly obvious that you won't change your mind and i won't change mine. Oh and because i was pissed off a little by your statement. NO i am not miserable, i'm actually quite happy and of course i take pride when an athlete of my country wins a medal. But i am also suspicious and don't take everything for granted...

Just a note to the jaded (no names *cough*vambeer*cough*), whether or not the athletes are all cheating, one thing that's for sure is that the technology of the olympics gets better and better every cycle. It's not huge, but changes to the swimsuits in swimming, the material the track's made of, etc, does allow the athletes to go that little bit faster (re: break records) than older less scientifically made suits/arenas. It's like one guys sets a time sprinting on loose gravel, then another guy who's evenly matched comes along on tightly packed gravel (...smaller rocks mebbe? I dunno) and goes just that little bit faster with the help of a better surface.

In short: Seriously! Come on! :comfort:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26272630/

Who cares about Michael Phelps? Jennifer Lopez is training for a triathalon!

Lopez, who appeared on "Good Morning America" Aug. 18 to discuss her preparations for the Malibu Triathlon, was overheard saying after the segment that she ?couldn?t understand why everyone is talking about that swimmer,? according to a GMA source. ?She couldn?t come up with (eight-time gold-medal winner Michael) Phelps? name, and then she yammered on about how she was the one training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth, and how that was the big story right now, not ?the swimmer.? ?

Just a note to the jaded (no names *cough*vambeer*cough*), whether or not the athletes are all cheating, one thing that's for sure is that the technology of the olympics gets better and better every cycle. It's not huge, but changes to the swimsuits in swimming, the material the track's made of, etc, does allow the athletes to go that little bit faster (re: break records) than older less scientifically made suits/arenas. It's like one guys sets a time sprinting on loose gravel, then another guy who's evenly matched comes along on tightly packed gravel (...smaller rocks mebbe? I dunno) and goes just that little bit faster with the help of a better surface.

In short: Seriously! Come on! :comfort:

i can accept that to some extent. Scientific progress. Believable. And i didn't say ALL pro athletes are doped. Some are not :D . and just to make things clear. i am talking about professional athletes, not amateurs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26272630/

Who cares about Michael Phelps? Jennifer Lopez is training for a triathalon!

Lopez, who appeared on "Good Morning America" Aug. 18 to discuss her preparations for the Malibu Triathlon, was overheard saying after the segment that she ?couldn?t understand why everyone is talking about that swimmer,? according to a GMA source. ?She couldn?t come up with (eight-time gold-medal winner Michael) Phelps? name, and then she yammered on about how she was the one training for a triathlon just six months after giving birth, and how that was the big story right now, not ?the swimmer.? ?

Jennifer Lopez is an annoying bitch and i can't stand her.

DAMN YOU WORK I AM MISSING BMX!!!!
(must dl later)

Diving is soooo stupid. Don't these people know, it's supposed to be whoever makes the biggest splash wins!

[YOUTUBE]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_iQe78YO_BQ[/YOUTUBE]

More LMAO, I've just finished watching the BMX semifinals and finals. I have to admit the crashes in BMX are almost as spectacular as the crashes in MotoGP.

Finally, first gold medal for Hungary... (canoe).
It hasn't been the most succesful Olympics for us to say the least.
We also got a silver and a bronze today.

FINALLY A MEDAL FOR .be (even if it's only silver)

large_477403.jpg

:banana:

I'm not that impressed with him either. How many other athletes get to compete in that many different events? How many even get to compete in 4?
Not that many.
I mean OMFG he can swim a fixed distance really fast! Big whoop.

That said I've been ignoring the Olympics unless Womens Volley Ball is on, even then I watch it only if I catch it. but I really don't pay attention to the Olympics, other than women's beach volleyball if it is on.
My wife is glued to the TV (or computer) for it though and she got mad at me that I'd rather watch "The Terminator" or "Judge Dredd" On Demand than watch Mike Phelps win another freaking medal, I told her I don't care and that a horrible Sty Stallone movie is more entertaining to me than watching a freak of nature swim.

clearly you're not a competitive swimmer... how fast hes been swimming these fixed distances (which by the way is what nearly all races are... fixed distances) is indeed a big whoop. to train for, swimming is a supremely difficult sport, you clearly have no idea of the amount of effort and dedication required to be that good.

heck i wasnt even half as good as that man and i lost friends, girl friends, grades an everything in pursuit of swimming. to swim at that level takes serious effort and mental strength.

he takes part in so many events because he's so damn good at all 4 strokes.... something most swimmers are not. the majority of swimmers have to focus completely on one stroke and one distance (maybe 2)

so again, stop with the hate on swimming, its an incredibly tough sport and i reckon 9 times out of 10 you could ask a swimmer to have a good stab at track running or hurdles or whatever and they'd be half decent at it, reverse the situation and i bet most couldnt even dive into a pool properly.