OMFG it's happening!! Australia gets a Supercar as Joss announces production!

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Read the awesomeness!!

Australian Supercar goes into production!

Joss Developments is about to form into a unlisted company and prepares to hit the road

After 10 years in development and the past three years in discussions with numerous parties, jpss Developments PTY LTD is proud to annound that it is planning to create an unlisted company and has launched into its production car development phase. Now Joss is finally in a position to finalize initial customer's deposits and shift into a new (as yet undisclosed) facility in Victoria.

A large portion of the team's time has been spent forming a strong management group with vast expertise that will be able to take this company to new levels demanded in the supercar markets of today. "We have a vast amount of experience from many facets of the automotive industry, including Formula One, Lemans racing, auto production, manufacturing and so on "Matt Thomas.

Joss developments has a company strategy that is pro-active in making car production and racing work hand in hand. "Our belief is that any strong brand must also be heavily involved in competition and this is why we are aiming our sight on GT racing as a spring board to the grearest race of all - Lemans! Currently we are in talks with an existing race team with a proven track record" - Matt Thomas

The production prototype vehicle has been re-designed and engineered these past two years and now with the support of large international supply companies JOSS has begun building its first sull production prototype. This car is based on our "test vehicle" unveiled at the 2004 Melbourne, Adelaide and sydney Motorshows but is being taken to mush higher levels of detail and performance. This car will genuinely gun for the big players of the Supercar world and will draw a line in the sand for Australian ingenuity

During pricate testing with re-development of current test vehicles, Joss has managed to crack the magical 3.00 second mark with a 2.98 second acceleration run off 0-100kms per hours.

This shows great signs for the production vehicle.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/17/joss1.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/04/17/joss2.jpg

www.joss.com.au

Count 1, 2, 3, WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

As much as I want to see this become a reality, I'll wait until there's customer cars rolling out of the factory doors - that statement is full of the typical hyperbole that we've seen many times before.

In short - I want it to happen, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

As much as I want to see this become a reality, I'll wait until there's customer cars rolling out of the factory doors - that statement is full of the typical hyperbole that we've seen many times before.

Same.

Though the 3 second to 100km/h is an interesting claim hopefully it will actually handle properally

Still, it's the first announcement since the unveiling of the prototype in 2004, this can only be good news. I thought Joss was dead.

The Joss was announced a few years ago, it looked dated then and it's only much worse now. Though that 0-62mph (~100kph) time sounds damn impressive.

from the site the power is at 350kw (500bhp) and 650nm (480lbs/ft) from a 6.8 v8 of their own design

Looks American.

I like, but I fear it won't make it to production stage.
0-100kph in 3 secs is impressive but you need more than that. Handling, finesse, balance, etc.

I could strap a rocket to my Astra and it will do 0-100kph in 3seconds too. Doesnt solve all of the other things that are wrong with it!

Styling looks nice though

The pics are of the original prototype, can't wait to see what they've done with the proddy version and what engine it's running!

They want people to take them seriously with a press release that reads like it was written by someone for whom English was a third or fourth language?

No originality in the design. I see a couple of cars in there.

I have to agree with you here. We heard all this stuff back in '04(I think '04?) when the proto came out.

I'll start jumping for joy and creaming my pants when I see one out on the road driven by a fully paid up customer.

Looks more like a seleen than anything else. I never liked seleens.

It's such a 90's design...

They really should of released a picture of the production model not left us with some 5 year old pictures

Looks more like a seleen than anything else. I never liked seleens.

and they look like McLaren F1s - We need some originality in low-volume supercars!