OMFG SNOW!!!11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Holy crap, it snowed today! And over an inch's worth!

Now of course that may sound like nothing, but consider that I'm about 220 feet above sea level (way low) and not very far north of the 45th parallel (i.e. I'm not in Canada or something like that). Also consider that the last time we had snow that stuck was many, many years ago. Then you'll realize how rare this is. :D

pioneersquare_20051218_1727.jpg

Wow thats a lot of snow :eek: Lucky you don't drive yourself! Stay safe, stay indoors. Where the hell is Portland...*googles*

Snow. Now thats something I'v never seen before. Today in Sydney, its a very comfortable 25C (77F). The skys are clear, a fresh breeze keeps you feeling...fresh I guess. Ahhhh Sydney, just beutifull. Can't wait til NYE fireworks as usual.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

It's around 25F here (-4C).

:lol:

I remeber when i used to live in the US (NJ) we had snow days when we were free from school. When it snowed it was really an event. Itr is so diffrent over here in Sweden, it's just a part of daily life.

Go out and enjoy it viper! :)

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Wow thats a lot of snow :eek: Lucky you don't drive yourself! Stay safe, stay indoors. Where the hell is Portland...*googles*

Snow. Now thats something I'v never seen before. Today in Sydney, its a very comfortable 25C (77F). The skys are clear, a fresh breeze keeps you feeling...fresh I guess. Ahhhh Sydney, just beutifull. Can't wait til NYE fireworks as usual.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

:lol: It's not like snow is dangerous u know ;)

Really? I live on Long Island, NY and snow isn't much of a big deal here unless we are going to get 12 inches+. If its going to be a few inches, its not much of a big deal.

Well when we usually get no snow... ;)

jayjaya29 said:
Really? I live on Long Island, NY and snow isn't much of a big deal here unless we are going to get 12 inches+. If its going to be a few inches, its not much of a big deal.

The difference becomes more apparent if u have lived somewhere else i guess...

Roland said:
jayjaya29 said:

The difference becomes more apparent if u have lived somewhere else i guess...

Suppose you are right.

Wow, I would have figured Portland, Oregon would get snow all the time since it's north of Minneapolis (and north of certain parts of Canada :p ).

Here's the kind of snowfall that is not unusual for where I'm at (43rd parallel, more southern than Portland, Oregon, about the same latitude as northern Spain):

http://img178.imageshack.**/img178/9476/snow0016mp.th.jpghttp://img354.imageshack.**/img354/8126/utmworld8ro.th.gif

Yeah, the midwest and east gets a lotta snow and a lot farther south. My dad's girlfriend is from Kansas and they'd get many, many feet of snow there.

Snow is rare over here though west of the Cascades. :( But I have the longest ski season about an hour away on Hood, so all is good. ^_^

jayjaya29 said:

Yeah, back in high school if it snowed an inch or more, everything in the area would close, for at least a day. After going to college, where school didn't close for anything other than an inch or more of ice, I have a bit of a different look at it. Luckily where I have moved to, doesn't get too much in the way of wintry weather, so I should have enough leave to take off for snow days by this time next year. :-D

ESPNSTI said:
...(and north of certain parts of Canada :p )...

Ah, you must speak of Southwestern Ontario ;). God I hate snow. Was driving 140 km/h today and it was snowing quite hard in some spots.

Snow!! :woot: i want!! hehe... happy december all! snow is extremely rare here as well.... except in certain freezer areas... :)

I can totally relate, i moved up ti RI from Texas and it snowed up here. Its not as cool as all the TV specials and cartoons make it out to be tho....its cold..and wet.

but still..congrats! Last year we got almost a quater inch of snow back in San Antonio and it was there till ALMOST NOON!

Re: OMFG SNOW!!!11

Viper007Bond said:
Holy crap, it snowed today! And over an inch's worth!

Now of course that may sound like nothing, but consider that I'm about 220 feet above sea level (way low) and not very far north of the 45th parallel (i.e. I'm not in Canada or something like that). Also consider that the last time we had snow that stuck was many, many years ago. Then you'll realize how rare this is. :D

pioneersquare_20051218_1727.jpg

we have a snow-thread already Vip's ;)

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=7805&highlight=

Not trying to own you or nuttn ... or maybe just a tiny little bit ownage :D

haz

D'oh. :(

:dancinglock:

Status
Not open for further replies.