Someone Else's Problem: One for the other foot? A French Impostor? - 2005 Smart Roadster Coupé

Yes.

:jawdrop:

That's a thing of beauty, just incredible. I'll take the one with the Hayabusa engine, please.

As an update, nothing has happened. The Smart is very clean and is sleeping.

In an effort to get more people to see the Smart and think about buying it, I unearthed it from the garage and parked it out front with the others. For the first time, all four are now together. It's a bit dirty as I drove it to work for a couple of days before the lock down and took the back roads home.

IMG_5168_P_2_S1920.jpg

I can't believe how small it looks compared to the Tesla, I know it's partly due to perspective but it's still tiny. If they were swapped there would be a staircase effect going on with the heights...

Four new bird turds cleaned off the Tesla today too...

Last edited:
Aaaand the Smart is gone. Got a message from a chap who was up my way looking at others and he came to see it, said it was the best he'd seen and took it. The garage now sits abandoned, apart from all the shit in there. Next job is the make the Tesla fit...

Shame. I'll miss the little squirrel mincer.

You should come down for a weekend in the Tesla soon though if you can.

Aaaand the Smart is gone. Got a message from a chap who was up my way looking at others and he came to see it, said it was the best he'd seen and took it. The garage now sits abandoned, apart from all the shit in there. Next job is the make the Tesla fit...

1f9ce5be59769cad58496ce84093043d0491bb1c.gifv

Definitely sad to see it go, it was a really fun toy for the two years I had it. New owner said he was smiling all the way home in it, which is spot on. I now need to order a printed metal plate from Redbubble to go with the ones I have for every other car Land Rover I've previously owned.

I would like to get another Roadie down the line, ideally with the motorbike engine and sequential box conversion already done. We'll see how things pan out with the Telsa in 2024. The conversion takes the entire luggage area in the back so I would need a trailer for attending Ringmeet in it. :LOL:

I actually had a message from a guy asking if I could ship it to the US, I think he was hoping that I didn't know about the 25 year law. I told him that if he came here and bought it he can do what he wants with it. Was it you @93Flareside? I still have the old steering wheel and the old wiper stalk if you want to get a couple of bath tubs, join them together, bolt in some seats and make a Roadster simulator. :p

Sadly, no. I thought about buying it from you, finding a storage unit for it, and waiting out the time, then I realized that is a waste of time and money, never mind how a French built Mercedes will handle all that sitting around.

Sadly, no. I thought about buying it from you, finding a storage unit for it, and waiting out the time, then I realized that is a waste of time and money, never mind how a French built Mercedes will handle all that sitting around.

Sounds like the perfect reason to get one! I considered storing too but aside from needing the money I know it wouldn't do it any good to sit, there's no way I would tax and insure the car to service and MOT it once a year too.