Only 2 out of 4 air vents are cold

Porsche Liebhaber

Car(s)
'08 1.5L Impreza | '13 Renault Logan
Hello everyone,

When I turn on the AC I only get cold air from 2 vents at the driver's side, but the passenger vents blow normal temp as if the AC isn't on. Any ideas?
The car is a manual 1.6 Renault/Dacia Logan

Well, there are two generations of Logans, and I don't know if there are different options for A/C for any of the generations so allow me to inquire further: do you have to manually move a lever to redirect the air (quite possibly in such a car which is designed to be inexpensive) or do you have buttons (which means motors are doing the job for you)? Additionally, I don't know how the air ducts are laid out in a Logan so there might be either flaps which hold the air back which goes through the A/C cooler core or which redirect the air to the desired air vents.

Either way, something (either a physical connector or a motor) inside your dash broke, and since we don't know if you want to/are able to fix it yourself I'd recommend visiting a workshop which can do a quick check and give you an estimate to fix it. When you have the diagnosis you can further search the internet for fixes if you want to fix it yourself.

Last edited: