Opera 10.50 Final (Better, Faster)

ViperVX

Below are the tests done with futuremark - http://service.futuremark.com/peacekeeper

PC: Core E6600, 8800GTX, 4G, Win 7.

http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/8194/opera1050chrome50330.png
*Complex Graphics results aren't included in final score.

Left: Pure Chrome 5.0.330 without any extensions running.
Middle: Opera 10.50 Final, fully setup, Speed Dial, Adblock, RSS, Gestures ON, Torrent OFF.
Right: Chrome 5.0.330 with 4 extensions: Adblock + button, Speed Dial, Gestures.

I am really surprised by Opera this time. I switched to Chrome 5 as i discovered how slow Opera 10.10 was.

Pro Opera: Intuitive interface, pre-equipped with add-ons, which are way better than custom-made extensions for FF/Chrome, except for Gestures.
Pro Chrome: Custom extensions support, can't think of anything else.

PS. Chrome 4.0.XXX, the one you can get from Google.com scored 4555 without any extentions, below 4000 with standard package.

Warning, it still crashes when accessing MSN (Live) e-mail and Yahoo. If Opera crashes @ login into MSN (Live) or Yahoo e-mail, as well as upon opening a pdf - do a clean install (uninstall old one, delete everything in program files, users-roamind and users-appdata, especially viable if you did an upgrade from 10.10).

Last edited:
I had an identical setup to yours when I built my last desktop, E6600, 4GB Ram, 8800GTX!

It was and still is a great setup, it's been almost 3 years and i found no reason to change anything, with the exception of a few new games everything runs just fine.

It was and still is a great setup, it's been almost 3 years and i found no reason to change anything, with the exception of a few new games everything runs just fine.
I OC'd my E6600 to 3.0GHz and had to replace my 8800 for a 9800GTX+ (it was the only card that would fit in my case) about a year ago, as the 8800 just died. Short of that its still a very good setup.

Tried 10.50, didn't like it so I ended up going back to 10.10

You know what, I'm going to try Opera again. I used it until 8 when they added close crosses to the tabs which I didn't like and ironically is what ever browser now has.

You could always disable the crosses in options. I use the middle mouse button for all of this so I don't need the crosses.

I've discovered a few small issues with 10.50, mostly interface:

1. As usual, the "Open in a new tab" command in RMB context menu is the third option on the list, - I would prefer for it to be on top.
2. You get two options for Tabs - open consecutively, or on the right, but, using the second option it doesn't place them chronologically, but shifting the recently "new-tabbed one" on the right of the active tab, example:

Active tab with 5 links, opening 1-5 in a new tab, results in placement in line:
- Chrome: Active Tab, 1,2,3,4,5
- Opera: Active Tab, 5,4,3,2,1 (nonsense)

3. Using gestures, I want signs combination to appear in the middle of the screen, as it does in Chrome's gestures extension, preferably with cursor drawing the movement lines, again, like in Chomre's extention.

Last edited: