• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Opera Design SL

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
I'm watching Tuning elite and I saw this. What do you think about it?

I think it's horrible, like other Harmann products, but I LOVE the new grill which makes it look like an SLR

Opera-SL-Roadster-red-fa-td-1024x768.jpg

More pics would be nice. Offhand, I don't like the rims, looks like there's a mini-me spoiler on the back (boooooo), and those side strakes look like a rip off from the M3. But I do agree with you, the front fascia is gorgeous.

Overall = meh....

does anyone else notice that the front grill doesn't match the bonet of the car at all... if they made it match, it would look alot better... its only so-so for me

I think it's rubbish, grossy overstated, imo. I guess that's what Opera does tho, dunno.

Lorinser does that same thing, but a lot better, more classy and elegant :thumbsup:

renesis said:
Lorinser does that same thing, but a lot better, more classy and elegant :thumbsup:

exactly... this one is way too over the top... can any of you imagine yourself driving something like that?

never said I liked it, I hate all Harmann Products :thumbsdown: they're the ricers of german tuners

Renesis said:
never said I liked it, I hate all Harmann Products :thumbsdown: they're the ricers of german tuners
now now don't say that :evil: or i'll be sad

the split grill reminds me of hitler. :thumbsdown:

andyhui01 said:
does anyone else notice that the front grill doesn't match the bonet of the car at all
yeah, i noticed that likewise. imo the whole car is fugly.

Renesis said:

I have to disagree!
The attempt of a SLR-look front on the SLR of Lorinser and Opera are pretty much even. Both of them only use a different grille to make the car SLRish:
(although it looks like the Lorinser might also have a slightly different bonnet)

b.jpg

IMHO Lotec does the best "nosejob" on the SL: :p

03_SLR_450.jpg

They don't just change the grill but change the entire hood, install a new radiator, etc. This of course makes the conversion much more expensive, it costs 9800? or ~ 12.500$.

cya
Oliver

that one looks nice too, but way too expensive, Lorinser grille would be my purchase :)

Renesis said:
that one looks nice too, but way too expensive, Lorinser grille would be my purchase :)

Why would you even buy one? It's such an expensive car to spoil with bad tuning.
SLR wannabes? :thumbsdown:

it's not bad tuning, it looks good, I'd do some engine work on it too.. with a new pulley and some mods you can get 600-650hp out of the SL55