Autoblog: Oprah gives away a 2012 New Beetle to her audience

Oh, well it's offline, but Dave just admitted that the New Beetle is the cute puppy who pees on the sofa and eats your shoes.

Tell that to the people who actually yell "I love your car" at me. No joke, it's happened at least 5 times. That's by the way only when I was driving by, not actually talking to someone. How many cars can actually claim that?

Heh, it's happened to me too - yes, boys, it's also usually from women, though I did have a guy at a gas station say that he missed his old Vdub.

I love my car ... it's sad, but I do.

NEWSFLASH: girls buy cars too, and some of these girls actually like their cars.

More at 11.

Oh, well it's offline, but Dave just admitted that the New Beetle is the cute puppy who pees on the sofa and eats your shoes.

Heh, it's happened to me too - yes, boys, it's also usually from women, though I did have a guy at a gas station say that he missed his old Vdub.

I love my car ... it's sad, but I do.

I actually had the exact same man talk to me about his old bug at a stoplight.
Also: car that makes children punch each other. Try to deny this is hilarious people. :p

I reallllly wish they would just make them properly so we could not be insane for loving them.

I have a soft spot for old Bugs. My late uncle had one. He tricked it all out. Bright red paint, tweed interior, all the chrome pieces were refinished, etc. He would strap his surf board to the roof and drive it to the beach all the time to do some surfing. Looked right at home parked on the sand. I would severely love to buy one and build it up just like his.

It's just a shame the new ones are just rebodied Golfs, but without any racey versions. The turbo models were kinda meh, and that RSi or whatever it was called was ultra rare. It would be cool if VAG put alittle effort into the new Beetle. Put the engine where it belongs, out back, and make it extremely fun to drive. It worked for Porsche's Beetle. :p

I actually had the exact same man talk to me about his old bug at a stoplight.
Also: car that makes children punch each other. Try to deny this is hilarious people. :p

I reallllly wish they would just make them properly so we could not be insane for loving them.

I cut out the middle man and just punch the kids myself.

Ok. Excuse me while I pull the body panels off the bug and try and paste them on, Where do I put the flower holder? :p

Ok. Excuse me while I pull the body panels off the bug and try and paste them on, Where do I put the flower holder? :p
<_<You can put it where the sun don't shine. :shakefist:

I have a very large paper flower, I think I will use it to decorate your car too.
P1000503.jpg

My car bares its teeth at your silly paper doodads.
74454_668869557894_1302327_37685918_2558161_n.jpg

Looks like a wart.

This sequence of pictures makes the MR2 look like a startled Miata.

You'd be startled too if you suddenly had an engine shoved up your backside. Or a large wad of whipped cream plopped on your hood. <_<

[video=youtube;3OI9yvWgd-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OI9yvWgd-g[/video]

Video reveal/backstory if anyone's interested....

Last edited:
I know it's a repost from another thread, but I love it:

icS0Ca.gif

VW press release/VWVortex said:
Oprah owns and drives a New Beetle and asked Volkswagen to help her recognize the time, talents and contributions of select viewers by giving them one of her favorite things, a Volkswagen Beetle. As one of the most iconic vehicles in America, everybody, including Oprah has a Volkswagen Beetle story and this reveal kicks off the next chapter of a great saga. Volkswagen is donating two hundred seventy-five 2012 Beetles plus applicable taxes and fees, to each member of today?s studio audience. (emphasis added by me)

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_2820.shtml

Sorry to keep dwelling on this topic haha, but does that mean that the cars are "truly" free? If so, hot damn thats a great deal!