Original BBC2 airings of S1 - S3?

AlexGRFan97

Firstly, I'm well aware this site was largely gutted of its content in 2014, and that anything once hosted is long gone. But the main version of S1 - 3 I see going around in torrents is from the initial re-airing of the three series on BBC Prime somewhere around 2005ish, which has some of the soundtrack butchered and a couple of segments cut-out (apparently the phone-in stuff) but that some people, years ago, had obtained copies of the original BBC2 airings of the first three series. I know this site's original S1 came from SBS in Australia, but I don't know if that has the original audio intact. Sorry if this question has been asked before but this website is a mere shell of its former self, so I doubt it matters much.

Kiskaloo

To my knowledge video files of the original BBC2 airings of the first three episodes were never posted on this site. The ones I secured here were all the SBS airings.

AlexGRFan97

Alright, I did some deeper research and it turns out the BBC 2 versions of TG S1 - 3 were released by an individual known as Jabba, a name that I'm sure will be immediately familiar to veterans of this website, and though groundbreaking at the time, they were very poor quality, with the video files often refusing to work on most media players. Some of his rips still exist; his version of Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours is still used in the Ultimate Top Gear Pack, even though there's a far better version available taken from BBC Knowledge much later.

It seems very doubtful they still exist, as I presume most people who were active at the time that Jabba released his rips replaced his versions with the BBC Prime rips made in 2005/6 when they came out.

hajolaser

Car(s)
Golf VI 1.4 TSI Match
Alright, I did some deeper research and it turns out the BBC 2 versions of TG S1 - 3 were released by an individual known as Jabba, a name that I'm sure will be immediately familiar to veterans of this website, and though groundbreaking at the time, they were very poor quality, with the video files often refusing to work on most media players. Some of his rips still exist; his version of Jeremy Clarkson Meets the Neighbours is still used in the Ultimate Top Gear Pack, even though there's a far better version available taken from BBC Knowledge much later.

It seems very doubtful they still exist, as I presume most people who were active at the time that Jabba released his rips replaced his versions with the BBC Prime rips made in 2005/6 when they came out.
Hi,
I believe I am in posession of a Jabba Rip. I remember seeing an actual Jabba the Hut scene at the beginning of some episodes so I went to take a look and I was right. It is however only Episode 4 of Season 1. This is the shortest episode I have of Top Gear, running 46 minutes and I always thought it was a cut episode. I kept it because of the Jabba Intro.
The other versions I have are the Prime rips, each Ep between 55-58 minutes. Season 3 Eps are a bit shorter, at roughly 53 minutes each. I was under the impression that these (Prime) are the most complete version.