Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

o_O I thought they had all died.

Tesla Model S - Driving school car :lol:
1__7_.JPG

are you allowed to drive a manual after you learned to drive in an automatic?
over here you aren't, but it's allowed the other way, that's why all driving schools have manual cars, and you have to explicitly request a auto if you want that
(i know a girl with MS who did that...)

Same here. You pass in an auto then you get an auto-only licence.

Here they figure you won't drive a manual trans unless you can drive a manual trans. :lol:

My Dad required that my older sisters and I could drive a manual, but not my younger sister. But we all had to take basic auto class in high school.

Last edited:
That surprises me given the litigious nature of the culture over there.

Classic car meet pic dump time! Just a little extract of what's been there, way to much to post. Not sure if this needs its own thread, I hope it's okay to post it here.

Audi 50

Gorgeous Audi 100 Coupe

Nice Pontiac Bonneville with a couple of handmade stripings

Two beautiful E Type

My personal favorite: A completely restored VW Typ 14 Karmann-Ghia, painted in brown with a beige roof. Wheels painted in the same brown with a polished hub cap. Interior made out of brown leather and alcantara with wonderful bucket seats, an alcantara dashboard, an all-original Nardi steering wheel with the wood in a perfect condition and the spokes painted in beige. I love that car. It's perfect

Hudson Hornet, never seen that before. Interior was in a meh state, as was the paint.

Two nice K?fer

Imo the best colour for the G-modell 911

Two Ferraris were also there

Mercedes-Benz L319. Now, whereas this is just an old transporter/camper in it's original state, I love how original and honest this thing was. Must be cool to do trips in, had a chat with those guys.
Oh and I've always love the sad looking face of it. :lol:

Some late 40s-early 50s Peugeot ... I'm pretty sure it's been made to look this way, it was so immaculate but still had a lot of patina... might even be all original. Definitely cool.

Awesome looking TR4

I very much like a good old Triumph in a proper state, this was just perfect. The interior looked brand new (which it probably was...)

XJ120, finally seen one irl.

Now this 2CV caught my eye, even though there were quite a couple of them there over the course of the day.
It's one of the very early post-war cars. But besides that it has a split german number plate - never seen that before. Also, it's not cut by hand so it's probably offically approved and made, I guess?

C126 560SEC Gullwing conversion, made for the sheik of Dubai, apparently only 57 of those converted cars on this planet

Mercedes-Benz 600, finally seen one first person. Now I understand why every dictator wanted to have one - even when the V8 engine is running and revving, you barely hear it on the inside. It really is that quiet. And that was only by putting my head through a window that was open, now imagine it with the bonnet and windows closed. Also, it was in a fantastic state, the owner is probably now poor from all those hydraulics bills.

2CV transporter with... an interesting writing on it.

The time when a Bentley looked like a Rolls Royce, always gets me

W114/W115 camper convert

Some really, really nice Cadillac...?

The souuund!

Whatever this is, it's cool as fuck.

Mustang Mach 1

Something that's been a motorbike in the first place and has then been converted to a two seater.

...but what's that at the back wheel?

Now that's what I call thief proof :lol:

An Ural.
The way these soviet (military) cars are mady is always amazing. Sheet metal which looks like it's been formed with a hammer by hand somewhere in Sibiria (which it probably has) and the roof made out of a fabric which feels like that from a backpack. But if it keeps the food in the backpack of a russian soldier dry, it probably does so with its passengers. Simple, but working well, and indestructable.

And finally, something that I think I've never seen and couldn't identify - what is this, does anyone know? Looks japanese to me, even though it says Sternpartner this is definitely not a Benz...?

Some amazing stuff in there. You should totally open a new thread and post every single pic there. I don't think anybody would complain. I, for example, would love to see more of that wagon next to the 600, the 70s Cadillac behind the Ural and the fire truck next to the 2cv. Also, were there any heavy truck, like a Magirus-Deutz ? And what about Alfas ?

BTW the "really, really nice Cadillac" should be a late-1940s Series 62.

Your Benz-alike is a 6th gen Toyota Crown (S110). Quite rare outside of Japan.

1979-1981_Toyota_Crown_rear.jpg

Last edited:

Imo the best colour for the G-modell 911

I think that's a VW Beetle, not a 911.

An Ural.
The way these soviet (military) cars are mady is always amazing. Sheet metal which looks like it's been formed with a hammer by hand somewhere in Sibiria (which it probably has) and the roof made out of a fabric which feels like that from a backpack. But if it keeps the food in the backpack of a russian soldier dry, it probably does so with its passengers. Simple, but working well, and indestructable.

There was also a romanian version of that:
aro-m-461-150caeb6b388afaf6-0-0-0-0-0.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
are you allowed to drive a manual after you learned to drive in an automatic?
No. As in most countrys your licence will be limited to automatics.

*A lot of awesome pics of lot of awesome cars*
Ferrari 308! - Slow(ish) compared to modern cars, but ohh such a looker, even after all those years. - Still want!

Anyway, seen today, during yet another Z?rich trip:

Bentley Continental GTC
2015-04-20_Mo__26_.JPG

VW Golf Country (the basic concept was ahead of its time, but sadly the technology was of its time), still cool, somehow. Atleast to me.
2015-04-20_Mo__28_.JPG

Chevrolet Corvette Z06, with tiny LEDs inside the solid rear light covers.
2015-04-20_Mo__34_.JPG

Tesla Model S P85 (420hp!) - The Tesla MS seems to be quite the seller here in Switzerland, I see more and more of them.
2015-04-20_Mo__35_.JPG

Magnum Porsche Cayenne
2015-04-20_Mo__37_.JPG

Dodge Challenger
2015-04-20_Mo__40_.JPG

While I duly enjoy the audible rumble of my own V8, I couldn't even hear it anymore against that serious stonecrusher gargle-racket from that Challenger, even while he was only idling. Wow! :blink: :D

Last edited:
Why do people insist on putting terrible tacky fake CF on cars. ESPECIALLY cars like this.

To be fair, a lot of those parts are commonly done in real CF, yes even in red. The radiator cover/shield, especially (and the fuse box cover, the coilpack covers). I'm sure that there's at least *some* fake in there, but I wouldn't be surprised of the large front piece were real.

I know about red CF, but I HIGHLY doubt that piece is real.

I hope that's sarcasm, tquattro :lol:

Your Benz-alike is a 6th gen Toyota Crown (S110). Quite rare outside of Japan.

Ahh yes, a Crown! I only got this one shot of the car since it drove right past me without me noticing it. I should have known that.
Sigh - You must steal more Toyotas for MWF before becoming a Yakuza again.

Some amazing stuff in there. You should totally open a new thread and post every single pic there. I don't think anybody would complain. I, for example, would love to see more of that wagon next to the 600, the 70s Cadillac behind the Ural and the fire truck next to the 2cv. Also, were there any heavy truck, like a Magirus-Deutz ? And what about Alfas ?

BTW the "really, really nice Cadillac" should be a late-1940s Series 62.

Thanks for the Caddi. I see what I can do over the course of the week, I'll try to sort them out. But I think that I haven't nearly gotten all the cars on photo that were there, which is a real shame. Cars where coming and going too fast for me to catch up. Once you went round, a lot of cars were gone and new came. For example that Toyota Crown. It was gone before I've even seen it parked somewhere... :(

You're welcome. Not sure where I pulled that info from and I confess I had to resort to the Googles to verify it before replying.

Split numberplates: With some convincing you may get your local T?V & Zulassungsstelle to nod it off, provided the historic car came with split plates originally.

Why do people insist on putting terrible tacky fake CF on cars. ESPECIALLY cars like this.

Agreed, looks like ass.

There's a dozen, maybe more, still alive in Dallas.

Can confirm. I saw a purple XR3i cabrio in someone's driveway a few days ago. Unfortunately for them, the car cover had come off a bit and everyone could see their shame :p