Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

A camo Nissan and a Ferrari California

SgmYFRJ.jpg

Off my dashcam

1MbQFfN.png

But they haven't been delivered to customers yet, right?

Niiiiice

Toyota bB "Harlequin" Edition:

Toyota bB "barBie" Edition (actually belongs to Carbage, but I didn't want to separate them as I saw them both within a couple of days):

Last edited:
The harlequin follows the exact same pattern as some of the golfs, I even considered putting it in the Awesome Thread :p

Some would say they both belong to carbage. :p

o/
.. and the Barbie needs burning with fire, too.

The harlequin follows the exact same pattern as some of the golfs, I even considered putting it in the Awesome Thread :p

Yup, the Golf was the original way back, by accident so the story goes. (Maybe there was also a Polo harlequin as well?)

There was a Polo harlequin, I've seen them around. Dunno if it was official since it could just be someone with access to body panels and a LOT of free time....

the polo was the original one, the golf only came a year later

There was a Polo harlequin, I've seen them around. Dunno if it was official since it could just be someone with access to body panels and a LOT of free time....
The Polo Harlequin was official: at first it was just a marketing-gag for showing in an ad how many combinations of equipment were theoretically possible. Customers demanded their cars in the "harlequin" colors, even though that wasn't an official option. Shortly after that VW offered that choice of color as well. The Polos were assembled in one of the base colors (yellow, green, red, blue), then taken to a special assembly line and their body panels swapped among one another.

^
Yup, that's the story I heard too, except I remmembered it as a Golf not a Polo.

:smile:

^
Yup, that's the story I heard too, except I remmembered it as a Golf not a Polo.

:smile:
It was the Polo in Europe, but the Golf in markets where to Polo wasn't available, like the US.

9f7152d39a3e48a84214767756c4def5.jpg

Woah baby.

Reactions: lip
But those fugly headlights and side markers... :barf: