Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

It's the only one according to a TG article. It's just a test-bed for some very top secret tech that may find its way into road cars in the next few years.

Not strictly random, but unexpected nonetheless: apparently a neighbor of mine is a collector. This was in our underground parking this morning:

2017-09-06 08.48.26.jpg

2017-09-06 08.49.04.jpg

2017-09-06 08.48.37.jpg

2017-09-06 08.48.47.jpg

Two days ago there was also a convertible E-Type and a Mk2 Jag, both in the same pristine condition. Looks like they've been moved into a locked area on another floor of the garage. Will see if I can gain access and make some pics there.

Reactions: lip
It's the only one according to a TG article. It's just a test-bed for some very top secret tech that may find its way into road cars in the next few years.
I had no idea what it was when I took the pic, it was just an unusual sight and my cam reflexes are quick. - Had to identify and search for the name of the car before I posted the pic. :lol:

Looks like they've been moved into a locked area on another floor of the garage. Will see if I can gain access and make some pics there.
31p3eVlw5GL.jpg
:p

Last edited:
Land Rover Defender (rare in the US as official import didn't occur for long.) This one's for sale if someone wants it.

A slightly battered first generation Integra.

Last revision Dodge Diplomat - I haven't seen a running one of these for a couple years.

A third gen Prelude.

Sorry, but it definitely isn't. Rear window shape is totally wrong and Land Rovers have horizontal grille slats not vertical ones.

Nor is at, as far as I have been able to make out at least, a Jeep, Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Tata, Kia or Hyundai.

And it's bugging me not knowing.

EDIT: It's a 2002-2006 Mahindra Scorpio. Sold in Europe as the Mahindra Goa. Which it probably isn't.

DSC_9654.jpg

Last edited:
You're right, I didn't look for the rear window shape.

Maybe some chinese knock-off like the Landwind X7 is to the Range Rover Evoque then?

You're right, I didn't look for the rear window shape.

Maybe some chinese knock-off like the Landwind X7 is to the Range Rover Evoque then?

See edited post.

Also if there is a list of SUVs by manufacturer on Wikipedia - the sheer number of different models made in China defies belief! Also Ghana has a car maker. Who knew?

Citroen 2CV Sahara 4x4
http://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lip/2017/09/05/4_Citro__n_2CV_Sahara_4__4.JPG[IMG]

...and the rear of that 4x4 Citroen 2CV again. (Not sure if that blower does the cooling or the propulsion. :lol: )
[IMG]http://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lip/2017/09/05/9_Citro__n_2CV_Sahara_4__4.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is awesome. And rare. 694 made according to Wikipedia.

Well I knew it wasn't mainstream Japanese and a search of Pacific Rim Snotbox Makers yielded nothing. The vertical grille slats hinted at Jeep but the lights were wrong however during a Skype chat with Spectre we both hit on the same option at the same time i.e. look at companies who were Jeep licensees et voila, Mahindra.

If there is one thing I find more annoying than not knowing something it's not being able to find out the answer to something. Persistence paid off.

How do you make a Citroen more reliable? Give it two sets of engine and running gear of course. :p

It still has less things to go wrong than any other car on the road. :lol:

Poverty spec Ford wagon. No roof rack, wood stickers, nothing.

64afb70c80a833b963dd796fe0a2d792.jpg

Just the family truckster from a different era.