Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Makes sense, since your car is already here: :D

I thought that line was reserved for the eastern countries. 😀

Seen today:

A good looking people carrier, it does exist: Renault Espace
20230930-154355.jpg
Those wheels are so far past bad/wrong/stupid that they actually look awesome.

Those wheels are so far past bad/wrong/stupid that they actually look awesome.
They shouldn't work at all but somehow I like the look. It looks very Honda to me.

Last edited:
I hate to break it to you, but the current generation Espace is an SUV.
I'm way behind it seems. The current Espace looks like any other SUV from any other brand, a characterless overdesigned Range-Rover clone. Meh.

I'm way behind it seems. The current Espace looks like any other SUV from any other brand, a characterless overdesigned Range-Rover clone. Meh.

The buying crowed screwed up and should’ve bought into more Avantime.

I had to look up what a Microlino is.

Reactions: lip
IMG_5073.jpeg

IMG_5070.jpeg

IMG_5062.jpeg

IMG_5059.jpeg

I had to look up what a Microlino is.

We had one with us during the Twizy meet I went to last month and I drove around with it for a few minutes:

20230916-130024.jpg

Pro: Way more modern than the Twizy (as that one is by now over a decade old technology), hence it has better range and it scrapes the swiss "light motor vehicle" legislation out to the limit (= max speed 90m/h, and max power of 15kw), it has more comfort (read: heating and windows, + better suspension), and with a regular trunk space you can load 2 persons and a lot of stuff with better access to it, and the trunk space is actually quite impressive for such a tiny thing.

Contra: The front flap entry is utter nonsense, as in bad weather it rains inside half of your car when you open said door, and in parallel parking you need some space infront of you. - The regular car seating arrangement (2 next to eachother) is too tight, it's ok for a few minutes, but for longer you must be in love with your compagnion to tolerate it. - Because you don't sit in the middle it's less fun to drive and lacks the Twizys gocart or jetplane cockpit feeling, and the one-sided weight distribution when you drive alone gives you way less confidence in corners. - Altough it has 4 wheels it's more of a 3 wheeler feel to drive with that ones main problem: You will run over potholes and stuff on the road in any case regardless if you are able to miss the obstacle with your front wheels, the rear ones will hit. = Note to car makers: 3-wheelers don't work and have never worked! It's a bad idea! Give it up already FFS!

Overall:
The shape is leaned on a 1950s bubble car, and this sort of retro styling is cute for 5 minutes but is too much of a compromise for the rest of the cars life. - Plus it looks like a fat frog! LOL - Also (like the Twizy) sadly it's still way too expensive to really start off a microcar trend and to be sold in masses.

Last edited:
Porsche 911 GTS (992) belonging to someone who have realized that these things are available in colors.

IMG_4516.jpeg

A Mercury of some sort:

IMG_0215.jpeg

Someone with multiple Ford Capris, both of these are pristine 2,8i:

IMG_2888.jpeg

Another one here, albeit a project car:

IMG_2886.jpeg

A collection of rear hatches for Capris:

IMG_2889.jpeg

Dunno what it is
Fiat Ritmo/Strada. Looks very tidy indeed, like the Alfasud they mostly just dissolved in the 80s and 90s. You can usually hear them rusting. The Kadett next to it looks tidy too.