Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

klutch said:
The garage (or parking lot) you're talking about is the UBC Rose Garden?
Yep, that's the one!
Great pics, Salar! Looks like you had the weather on your side; last time I tried to take some good pictures there, it was pissing rain.

Yeah, I knew it must be the Rose Garden; the last time I was there (about 2 years ago), there were tons of Porsche Carreras and even a Ferrari F355 owned by a student!

And Klutch, where did you take the picture of the Dodge Viper?

Everybody has been to UBC but me.

I'm not gonna there for my university studying anyways. Emily Carr in Granville Island for me. :D

The Viper lives just down the street from me, I think it's on 8th...about a street up lives an F430, and another neighbor has a CTS-V that I see pretty often; it sounds awesome. Marine Drive is about 5 blocks away, and that's where all the supercars can be seen, tucked away behind the gates of the huge houses there - its Beverly Hills North.

klutch said:
The Viper lives just down the street from me, I think it's on 8th...about a street up lives an F430, and another neighbor has a CTS-V that I see pretty often; it sounds awesome. Marine Drive is about 5 blocks away, and that's where all the supercars can be seen, tucked away behind the gates of the huge houses there - its Beverly Hills North.
Never been there. :?

I heard Point Grey Rd is awesome, too. I rarely go downtown and Vancouver, mostly cruise in North and West Van.

Salar said:
klutch said:
Never been there. :?

I heard Point Grey Rd is awesome, too. I rarely go downtown and Vancouver, mostly cruise in North and West Van.

Point Grey is nice.....the view of the coast is just spectacular

too bad i didn't have my camera phone back then when i had a summer gig as a valet attendant at some club here in jersey. i have seen AND driven a lot of really nice cars like the hummer h1, porsches (boxster and 911), a ferrari f40, sl mercs, bmw 6/745's, lambo gallardo, the list goes on and on.

i've driven my fair share of shitty cars too. like an '89 corolla with cigarrete butts, twigs and SOIL on the floor! :lol:

you can easily tell a real car guy from a poser with a porsche. the real car guy parks his car himself, while the poser pays a punk like me to park it for him!

klutch said:

In the past year I saw 2 Lambo's in that area and they wern't the same car. 1 was orange and 1 was yellow. I'm not sure if they were Gallardo's or Murch's but they were sure nice. I also saw an F430 in Richmond twice last year. It was red and I saw it once on the Oak Street bridge heading to Vancouver and the other time I saw it on No3 Road in Richmond right by Boston Pizza. The sound on that car was amazing and boy did it turn heads.

In December I saw a Bentley Continental GT on Broadway and Arbutus.

Xenon said:
klutch said:

In the past year I saw 2 Lambo's in that area and they wern't the same car. 1 was orange and 1 was yellow. I'm not sure if they were Gallardo's or Murch's but they were sure nice. I also saw an F430 in Richmond twice last year. It was red and I saw it once on the Oak Street bridge heading to Vancouver and the other time I saw it on No3 Road in Richmond right by Boston Pizza. The sound on that car was amazing and boy did it turn heads.

In December I saw a Bentley Continental GT on Broadway and Arbutus.
You can't tell differences between Gallardo and Murcielago... :eek: holy crap.

heh, yeah I know. I should know have known the differnce. Of course I know which is a Gallardo or Murch now, but at the time I didn't.

lol..

im not one of those guys who'll spot these exotics as much as u (i dont have that luck :S) anywaysthe only exotic ive seen is the Continental GT (twice). WoW does it look good up close and my friends have also seen a diferent one in the nearby area.

come to think of it. i dont think they are that rare

Sry guys i didnt have my camera :(

I go to UBC and I park at Rose Garden... there's quite a few nice cars, but I think you guys are exaggerating just a tad. I see quite a few Gallardos and F360/430s, but they are mostly owned by people who live around UBC and not the students. The nicest cars that I see regularly at Rose Garden are two CLS55s and a 911 Turbo... the rest are run of the mill nice cars like M3s and 6-Series and stuff.

Rose Garden is awesome, I almost nearly crash into a car everyday going in the wrong direction by a Chinese driver, either because he/she can't drive or he/she can't see out of the car due to all the Hello Kitty crap on the dash.

I don't know why Rose Garden attracts so many good cars/Oriental drivers... if you go to the Health Sciences parkade for instance all you see is crap.

Look what I just saw...

http://img376.imageshack.**/img376/7814/fezza1hm.jpg

Poor fool who is driving a drop-top 360 during the Scottish winter...

Yes, I tried to out-accelerate him when the lights turned green [the lights were red when I snapped the pic, and they take about a minute to turn green, so I knew I could get a pic], and yes, I failed. Turns out a Seat Alhambra isn't faster than a 360 after all...

There was also a Bentley Arnage T floating about outside the local bakery, if I see it again [and I can actually get pics] I'll try to snap it.

Also saw a BMW M8 yesterday, but I didn't have my new phone for a pic, and it was too fast [I was walking for the bus].

M8? Dont think they ever made that, do you mean a 850csi or the Alpina version of the 8 series?

Mischief007 said:
Young buck ;).

The 8-series was a 2-door sportscar basically with a V12 engine. Expensive and full of problems.

There ya go:
e31_05.jpg

There we go, I meant one of those. It was in red.

Surprising, since the 8-series was meant to be a sportscar, that there wasn't an M version.

I'm really hoping to catch that TVR 350c that keeps coming to the same petrol station as me, then disappears before I think of getting a pic...