Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

wtf, look at those rear tyres!

I saw a Ssangyong Chairman the other day. It's not often that an unspecial looking car will make me go 'WTF is that?' but I didn't recognise the badge at first. I will say that the Chairman is the least offensive looking of all the Ssangyong cars, but it's like saying herpes is the least unpleasant of the sexually transmitted diseases.

http://img255.imageshack.**/img255/5439/img0317qg8.jpg

Saw an E24 BMW today for the first time in maybe a year.

Isn't that guy risking bodily injury driving around in a EuroVan with a Obama/Biden sticker in Texas? :D

I kid, I kid... those are somewhat common here, I see them once in a while.

lol, it'c called euroVan in the states?

Well, that version/generation is. It didn't sell, as you've probably guessed.

They tried to market it as a "larger European alternative to the minivan, but smaller and handier than a full-size van." The big problem (aside from the strange styling) was that they wanted too much for it and just like all the other VW Microbus/Van/Transporter/Type 2/Whatever They're Called This Week variants they've tried to sell here, they are grossly underpowered.

And they wonder why it doesn't sell in the US. VW NA is spectacularly incompetent. :p (Jaguar Cars NA isn't much better... :p)

Last edited:
How about Vanagons Spectre? Were the sales of those dismal too? Those things are pretty damn common up here, so I'm guessing they must have sold quite well in Canada.

Actually, they sold a lot of those in California. Not much outside the normal hippie centers, though - and sales there tapered off rapidly after a few years.

I'm told you don't see them in CA much any more - mostly because climbing some of the passes = Vanagon commits suicide.

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/9693/img0320sw9.jpg

Its on winter tires too, so presumably he still uses it even though theres snow on the ground.
That Merc behind it is a C36 AMG, and they also usually have an E36 BMW M3 in the driveway too (although I think it may be a fake - regular 325 or 328 with M3 badges)

Last edited:
Isn't that guy risking bodily injury driving around in a EuroVan with a Obama/Biden sticker in Texas? :D

I kid, I kid... those are somewhat common here, I see them once in a while.
No, as long there's nothing that insults the Dallas Cowboys on it, he'll be fine... :p

Balls. Of. Steel.

I don't think so. Using a Viper on snow is basically an exercise in "how long can I keep going without touching the accelerator"

which seems kinda boring...