Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

No photo sadly but I passed an Insignia today as I was going into the train station. Just the usual grey, but I was surprised to see one.

I'm seeing a lot of them lately, mostly in some freaky dark red colour that really seems to work

I have yet to see one. The people in the market for a maybach in california mostly decide to get a phantom instead

I saw a driving school E92 M3 the other day - or at least I thought I did.
Spoke to my driving teacher about it and it turned out he knew the owner. It's not an M3, but a twin-turbocharged 335i with the complete M3-body, grills and badges. The owner only has about ten students a year, the rest of the time he's a racedriver in the Danish Touringcar Championship.

Even if it's not an M3, I'd still like to get my driving lessons in that car.

^huh? I've touched F1 car tyres before and IIRC they were rock solid...

anyone know what car that is??

saw this by my place too..

and this one for our biker friends out there.. its quite a rare sight i must admit

I'm not 100% sure though, as I'm pretty sure the Challenger and Barracuda share the same basic shell?

Could just be me thinking that though...

I guess so too, all of the F1 car's tyres I've touched were super hard, unable to dent the rubber with your finger/hand

the compound of the rubber itself may be soft and gooey, but they pump the tyres up quite hard.

front wing = 1100 kgs of downforce at speed = high tyre pressure to make sure the car doesn't grind against the track

hrm... :think: I'm guessing it must be because the tyres are so small (small amount of air in them), and the car being so light, that 1.3 bar is enough...

hrm... :think: I'm guessing it must be because the tyres are so small (small amount of air in them), and the car being so light, that 1.3 bar is enough...

Plus they spin at an awful lot of revs at maximum speed, so the tread stays up due to centrifugal force, and they run at high temperatures, which also increases the temperature of the air and, via the principles of thermodynamics, when the volume is constant, the pressure increases.