Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Funny, looks like one of those Aussie Ute things.

Grinned like an idiot when I saw this
http://img29.imageshack.**/img29/2050/greatnews.jpg

:hmm: I wonder if that van was designed in Europe as an Opel and re-badged in the US as the Chevy Venture (and Pontiac Trans Sport/Montana and Oldsmobile Silhouette) or the other way around...probably the latter. :p

It was designed by GM.

I wonder why it didn't sell well over here... oh, right.

[video=youtube;WgWglzAP-iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWglzAP-iw[/video]

Two stars due to fear of fatal injuries from the steering column breaking off together with the airbag.

this thing's been around for about 2 weeks now but only now not under a cover
5963166585_f209bcdacd_z.jpg

5963166863_b47977c1d8_z.jpg

shame about the lifted nose.

Three from the past few days:

A supra that I know is special but I don't know much about because they're not really my thing:

fdc09fb013171f15c824113bcb8aeffbdf08d6f5_wmeg.jpg

Camaro across the street from the Supra

a7ad9eb4a5d7f74fcba627eb73b5b207fc28468a_wmeg.jpg

DB9 across from work

2011-07-21_16-34-57_573.jpg

Last edited:
Just your typical little steakhouse in Texas; Morton's in Dallas serves excellent steak and has a nice atmosphere along with a good bar. Place is usually packed of an evening.
IMG_1040.JPG

There's mass transit available should you drink too much and wish to adjourn to a hotel - this is one of the vintage McKinney Street trolleys going by outside.
IMG_1042.JPG

And there's plenty of parking.
IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

That front row looks like that on a regular basis. My helmet cam mount is broken or I would have captured the Rolls Phantom and the Bugatti Veyron that passed me going in as I was leaving.

Last edited:
I've been there once; in that area, Range Rover Sports are commonplace there.

I've been there once; in that area, Range Rover Sports are commonplace there.

Yeah, they are. Maserati Quattoportes are everywhere there too, and Bentley Continentals might as well be Toyota Avalons for their commonality.

Amusing side note: I managed to sneak up on a parking valet there with the 919. :D

Last edited:
Old and new Mercedes vans.

P1040023.jpg

This Hanomag-Henchel -product has already Mercedes star.

P1040024.jpg

While looking for a different photo in my archives, found this one. It's an Accord that some birds really loved... to the point where a biohazard squad is probably indicated.

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

Apparently it was the only car in the entire lot they hit.

Apparently it was the only car in the entire lot they hit.

They probably park it under a bridge, pigeons especially love the underbellies of bridges.