Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Why go to the trouble of importing a Volt when Opel has a rebadged version of it? ^^'

Maybe they want to bring the car back to the US when they're done at the embassy?

Why go to the trouble of importing a Volt when Opel has a rebadged version of it? ^^'
I guess because the US diplomatic corps does not buy locally, but wholesale-buys Chevys and distributes them from the US.

I guess because the US diplomatic corps does not buy locally, but wholesale-buys Chevys and distributes them from the US.

Almost certainly the reason, so as to avoid "diplomatic offence" to any other countries. :think:

Oh come on, Americans, you can do better than a Volt when representing our country!

CTS-V-burnout.jpg

I agree.

The first and only time I saw the US ambassador for this little yoke of a country he was barreling down the motorway in a motorcade of blacked out Suburbans.

Now that's how you do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
Seen today, during a superb Switzerland/Italy Roadtrip:

Not sure, maybe a Healey?
1_001.JPG

Maserati Ghibli
2_001.JPG

Lamborghini Aventador
3_001.JPG

Ferrari 328
4_001.JPG

Ferrari F12
6_001.JPG

Lancia Flaminia
7_001.JPG

Jaguar S-type
8.JPG

Rolls-Roller', and yep that Emily was made out of glass :blink:
9.JPG

Audi R8 in Italy
hehe.gif
10.JPG

... and a R8 in Switzerland
hehe.gif

11.JPG

Saw this one 2 weeks ago:

Today i first saw this granada, which looked better than it was. No rust, but underbody is just splattered with underbody protection everywhere over everything. Including mud and suspesnion components with surface rust. No idea what engine it had.

Then saw this lovely old pug 201 cabrio. No idea which vintage

And lastly, someone was restoring a 1965 unimog:

Reactions: TC
Yesterday on the way to a customer: the most powerful non-AMG version of the E-class, the E500 4Matic (408 hp)

View attachment 13359

Further proving you never know what will show up at a dragstrip.

Was that a sleeper with something random and awesome in back, or did someone really take what was left of their time with the moving truck out to the drag strip?