Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Split numberplates: With some convincing you may get your local T?V & Zulassungsstelle to nod it off, provided the historic car came with split plates originally.

Interesting, thanks. I've never seen that round here.

Some late 40s-early 50s Peugeot ... I'm pretty sure it's been made to look this way, it was so immaculate but still had a lot of patina... might even be all original. Definitely cool.
The owner lives down the road from my parents!

Something that's been a motorbike in the first place and has then been converted to a two seater.
]
The Duo is based on the Simson Schwalbe, which technically is a scooter.

Can confirm. I saw a purple XR3i cabrio in someone's driveway a few days ago. Unfortunately for them, the car cover had come off a bit and everyone could see their shame :p

But when was the last time you saw a LN7? :lol:

The Duo is based on the Simson Schwalbe, which technically is a scooter.

Now that's interesting, didn't know it has had that purpose! Thanks!

We saw one a few junkyard trips back, IIRC.

Let me rephrase. When was the last time you saw a running on on the street?

Let me rephrase. When was the last time you saw a running on on the street?

They were hard to find running on the street while Ford was still making them. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Better than that, when was the last time you saw a stock Vega or Pinto driving around?

I don't think such things exist any more. :p

There is still gremlins driving around. :p

That is very cool. Unusual to see one with the VW badge. I've seen quite a few over the years and I think that's the first badged one. Of course the colour scheme works with the badge in this case.

Ford E-Series, haven't seen one in ages over here

Opel Speedster

Alfa Romeo 2000 Berlina

IMG_20150423_143050.jpg

E36 328 Touring

<3

Apparently some idiot in the area bought an i3.

I watched the driver turn around to look at my truck and he did a double take. After the light turned green, he *very* hastily changed lanes. I wonder why.

No, wait, I don't.

Last edited:
And you just overloaded my sarcasm detector.