Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Er, three Monte Carlo rally victories in 4 years....

AJB44B_65montewinners.jpg

because they were the first ones to take a professional approach to what used to be a playgarden...

Saw a new LR RR Velar in NYC over the weekend. I really like the way it looks

x7InHlT.jpg

Also an Aventador

ZH6R5WA.jpg

Do they not handle the cold so well?
Just as well as all other cars. :dunno:

Italian cars rust like no other, at least they used to.
Yes, in the 1970's. Like so many other cars. Those days are long, long gone. Whenever I see a 00's car with horrible rust on it these days it's made by either Mazda, BMW or Mercedes.

Small, light cars tend to be worthless on snow.
Fiat does not only make the 500. And other manufacturers make tiny hatchbacks as well. :dunno:

I would argue that Fiat isn't dead in Scandinavia because of lack of quality - it's just that the companies representing them haven't been very good. That's my theory, anyway.

It's getting to be rare to see a nice K-Blazer still running around:

Good original MN12 Thunderbirds are getting a bit rare too:

I like this guy's license plate:

"Mercury" Cougar (yes, I'm aware it has been sold as a Mercury in the US, but for that the recess for the numberplate is too wide; this is almost certainly a Ford with a Mercury-badge added later)

BMW E32 with old style numberplates which means the current owner almost certainly owned it for 20+ years, maybe it's even the first owner

Porsche 356B or 356C Speedster

The Cougar might not be for the car, it could indicate a lifestyle choice. ;)

Might well be, but over here that very car has been sold as Ford Cougar so the name is the same, it was just a rebranding for the american market.

[edit]
Oh, and you're commenting on the less-than-2000-Euros-Cougar, but not on the 300k+ Euros 356 Speedster? :p
[/edit]

Last edited:
The taillights of that Cougar look pretty european, with the orange divided orbs.

Last edited:
"Mercury" Cougar (yes, I'm aware it has been sold as a Mercury in the US, but for that the recess for the numberplate is too wide; this is almost certainly a Ford with a Mercury-badge added later)

Looks pretty normal to me. Edmunds photo for reference:

438078bd243cac62c316dea6176d821b.jpeg

The point was that in Europe it was sold as a Ford, not a Mercury, and it has the European (Ford) bumper, not the Mercury one.

Yup, the bumper is definitely european which makes it a Ford, not a Mercury. If the recess in the photo of the red Cougar would be as wide as the one in my photo the right edge of the recess would be way over to the right. If you follow the right edge of the recess in my picture vertically you can see it meets the rear light while the edge of the recess of the red Courag meets the trunk lid.

American Cougars had all red taillights.
zjjqodo.png

Euro Ford Cougars had the amber split.
OlMBCqJl.png

Yup, the bumper is definitely european which makes it a Ford, not a Mercury. If the recess in the photo of the red Cougar would be as wide as the one in my photo the right edge of the recess would be way over to the right. If you follow the right edge of the recess in my picture vertically you can see it meets the rear light while the edge of the recess of the red Courag meets the trunk lid.

My guess is that the owner just switched badges for the fun of it.

Also possible that the original decklid was damaged, and the owner imported an American one to repair it and never changed the badges over, though probably unlikely.

Right, the one in the original photo has all red tail lights. Unless I'm colorblind.

Yeah, the round bulges towards the middle are tripartide: the lower section is white, the section towards the trunk lid is red and the section towards the sides of the car are amber-red-ish instead of the same colour as the section towards the trunk lid. The two sections are clearly set-off vertically as well.

Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

You are. They're clearly red and amber.

Upon further inspection, I can see the orange. I just wasn't giving the taillights that much attention.

Frankly, I really don't care that much about a 2000s era cougar.

In about 20 years that'll be an innuendo...