Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I found a rare species of Finnish premium car buyer: The kind that didn't buy German.

FJwJ6Cn.jpg

300HP V6 and AWD, apparently. While researching that I realized it sits on the same platform as my Opel.

Is that the Daewoo or the Saturn?

Looks like a Opel

I?m thinking Vauxhall. Badge vaguely looks like it.

It's LHD. If that's a Vauxhall badge, then because the owner thought it to be cooler than the Opel badge the car came with.

Nope, they never did a Vauxhall variant of the Opel GT so it is an Opel GT. There are some Opel owners who change the badges to Vauxhall ones, but that doesn't make it a Vauxhall. ;)

[edit]
Ninja'd... :ninja:
[/edit]

Ahh, right, I forgot that there was an Opel variant.

It's LHD. If that's a Vauxhall badge, then because the owner thought it to be cooler than the Opel badge the car came with.

In which case they are a deluded chav and if I have anything to do with it they will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

After the Marketing Division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, obviously.

In which case they are a deluded chav and if I have anything to do with it they will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

After the Marketing Division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, obviously.

Ditto, the Vauxhall badge is not cool in the the UK! :rolleyes:

I highlighted the most important part of that sentence - in Germany it's rather "no one knows that badge so it's exotic", at least for Opel-drivers...

Is the Vauxhall badge somehow cool anywhere in this solar system? Because if not, you can just say that it's not cool anywhere and leave it at that. :p

It is a very rare sight in Europe and therefore special to non car people. I even spotted someone with a Holden badge once, those are really rare. Still a daft diesel Vectra though, but a free internet for you

Went to the Leake Car Auction in Dallas on Saturday with Nabster (it started Friday and ends today).

z41Ms0A.jpg

Here's the album.

Some highlights:

1472 original miles ( :sad: ) 2005 Ford GT
nL0yNjF.jpg

Went cheaper than we expected
yEtfeUP.jpg

'72 DeTomaso Pantera with 17,000 original miles
EdiHw6d.jpg

CeBoPRd.jpg

440-6 pack Cuda
sVDZLZn.jpg

Stunning 356
KqsXa6K.jpg

This poor murdered out Z8 did not hit reserve and did not sell
4JWphO5.jpg

Plum Crazy Charger
UtoT6Fg.jpg

Plum Crazy '70 Challenger with a 528 Hemi that lost all forward gears as they tried to get it up on the plinth.
ZCnpwlE.jpg

Dennis Collins from Fast N' Loud's R32 Skyline. The Skyline didn't hit it's reserve at $35k :? He also had the sketchy C6 Z06 with a bonded title and Euro tail lights that did sell.
ujXUi0B.jpg

Bandit
u67ndIu.jpg

Lovely early Bronco and '72 Chally
EOUoqY5.jpg

Buick T Type with a 4 linked Ford 9 out back
dOcIx9K.jpg

Lovely '69 F150 with a nicely done interior and reportedly putting down 385 to the wheels
esIPyhR.jpg

hO5Kr1L.jpg

'70 E Type Coupe
6TYG7kp.jpg

An amusing one, '69 Roadrunner with 190E Sportline seats
bTPm7qW.jpg

BK7VJDG.jpg

WFWHpVk.jpg

Fiat 600 wedged between a Monte Carlo Aeroback and a New Edge Mustang GT
XoPv0Ok.jpg

340 Cuda
eOcfB0s.jpg

Toronado and early Gran Turismo with the terrible F1 box
EwBeOG4.jpg

'70 Suburban with a Weiand 6-71
D11uI2M.jpg

Thomas' next car
tV80rGU.jpg

Reactions: TC
Some sort of tuned X6M carbage thing

RgEIGyQ.jpg

K2KpWL3.jpg

2002 Ford F-250 with the 6.8L V10 engine - and over 500,000 miles on the original drivetrain. This has to be the best 6.8L I've ever seen; they normally had fatal problems long before this mileage - and the previous owner took good care of it, always had it dealer serviced. (thomas and I know this truck from earlier in the year, this has been sitting in the archives a while.)

Clean 250K 1993 Lincoln Town Car - still on original drivetrain.

Whatever they renamed the QX56 to and the Maserati AwfulUV:

Apparently the local Toyota club was busy this weekend. T100, recent Tacoma and a trailered, bedlinered customized first-gen 4Runner.

Last edited:
That may be true, but no Opel owner ever bothers switching them....I've never seen one before or since