Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

DaBoom and his broken picture links again....

He should change his avatar to this:
daboom.jpg

I'm starting to wish that the link remained broken now. My poor eyes. o_O

I'm starting to wish that the link remained broken now. My poor eyes. o_O

Yeah, I went back and was confused why anybody would customize a PT Loser.

Yeah, I went back and was confused why anybody would customize a PT Loser.

Ooh don't let Galantti see you directly bad mouthing the Poo Turd Cruiser. Er, I mean... Remember, he used to me mister PT Cruiser here. For some reason.

Ooh don't let Galantti see you directly bad mouthing the Poo Turd Cruiser. Er, I mean... Remember, he used to me mister PT Cruiser here. For some reason.

This is because his dad owns one. I don’t know the story though of how he got it. :)

Today, drift themed! First....

20200505_194611.jpg

Yeah, I have trouble imagining. :D

Unrelated sighting just a few minutes earlier:

20200505_193409.jpg
20200505_193443.jpg

:wub::woot:
I guess it belongs to this guy, at least the handle was written on the passenger side dashboard. Gotta instagram the shit out of this, yo.

IMG_20200616_091056~2.jpg

Spotted this 1973/74 Pontiac Ventura today at the hardware store. Not perfect, but that's the way I like them.

Interesting thing about these, they were one of four cousin cars from GM, all based on the Chevrolet Nova. All named to create this effect:

N ova (Chevrolet)
O mega (Oldsmobile)
V entura (Pontiac)
A pollo (Buick)

I like these odd-ball GM clones as they are fair bit more rare and usually styled a little better (not that the Nova was ugly).

Edit: Upon further reflection, the 1965 model Nova was actually uglier than it's 1962-1964 brethren. And no one make a fiberglass hood for the 1965.

Interesting thing about these, they were one of four cousin cars from GM, all based on the Chevrolet Nova. All named to create this effect:

N ova (Chevrolet)
O mega (Oldsmobile)
V entura (Pontiac)
A pollo (Buick)

Today I learned, wow.

N ova (Chevrolet)
O mega (Oldsmobile)
V entura (Pontiac)
A pollo (Buick)
There's also the Acadian Beaumont and Canso, but those were only sold in Canada.

View attachment 3557774

Spotted this 1973/74 Pontiac Ventura today at the hardware store. Not perfect, but that's the way I like them.

N ova (Chevrolet)
O mega (Oldsmobile)
V entura (Pontiac)
A pollo (Buick)

I like these odd-ball GM clones as they are fair bit more rare and usually styled a little better (not that the Nova was ugly).

Edit: Upon further reflection, the 1965 model Nova was actually uglier than it's 1962-1964 brethren. And no one make a fiberglass hood for the 1965.

That is a pretty good looking car. Wish it had a 400, but it will do as is.

While I was on a short (83 km) bike ride I spotted this Volvo PV 445, the station wagon version of the PV544. :)

Attachments

• Volvo PV 445 01.jpg
    Volvo PV 445 01.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Volvo PV 445 02.jpg
    Volvo PV 445 02.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 81
While I was on a short (83 km) bike ride I spotted this Volvo PV 445, the station wagon version of the PV544. :)

That’s actually a P210 though, not a 445. ? Loved by tradesmen and shopkeepers, and greatly missed when the PV line was discontinued. They tried to replace the Duett with a raised-roof 145.

There’s one with a 5-cylinder Audi turbodiesel somewhere in my neck of the woods. It’s weird seeing a Duett actually accelerate, and roll coal while doing so.