Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

This is gloriously over the top. :D

20200830_171459.jpg

"Stickers are shit"

20200830_171504.jpg

"Missing horsepower is compensated for by madness"

20200830_171512.jpg

20200830_171521.jpg

Not visible in the pictures I think, but one sticker on the left read "Made in Japan". :rofl:

Last edited:
So over the top I actually like it :D

The license plate fits.
7974485F-93DB-4258-B6ED-BC375786FFBE.jpeg

I needed a moment to realize it's the new Corvette (I guess?). It just looks so different than before, and much more like a generic mid-engined supercar.

... Did I just use "generic" and "mid-engined supercar" together? :unsure:

Well... everyone tries their best but it's not easy to be flamboyant (Lamborghini) or a precision instrument (Ferrari) anymore because everyone tries so hard. It also doesn't help that every exhaust snap, crackle and pop is there because an engineer with a laptop programmed them that way.

I needed a moment to realize it's the new Corvette (I guess?). It just looks so different than before, and much more like a generic mid-engined supercar.

Yep. New Corvette. I've found it quite underwhelming in pictures, but I thought it looked pretty good in person, in that color at least. That blue is brighter than the picture suggests.

To be fair in 1967 that form of the Morris Minor had been in production for 11 years so that's not much of a competition design-wise. ;) If you want to compare brand new designs from that year (or around that) you would have to take the BMW 02 series or the Mercedes-Benz W114/W115 which were way more modern than the Minor. The Morris Marina came out "just" 4 years after the Ro 80 as well, back then the design had to be completely pen and paper and aerodynamics weren't really a thing. To take a different british manufacturer, the first Jaguar XJ which didn't have articulate fenders came out in 1968.

That said, the Ro 80 influenced the styling of many generations of VWs and Audis so it was a landmark in design for that company.

Nice 911 Turbo, unfortunately crossposted to parked like an idiot.

IMG_20200906_165014626e85aef733b82e.jpg

IMG_20200917_113230.jpg

VW Atlas in Zagreb, Croatia. It had some North American plates, I think British Columbia, or at least something similar.
If the pic is too large, it's because I uploaded it directly from my phone, without resizing.

Reactions: lip
View attachment 3558522

VW Atlas in Zagreb, Croatia. It had some North American plates, I think British Columbia, or at least something similar.
If the pic is too large, it's because I uploaded it directly from my phone, without resizing.

Wow! One of Tennessee’s finest I guess. Explains why they’ve got amber turn signals from the factory I guess.

Seen today: Lamborghini Urus

It looks great in an undoctored photo, but like all Lamborghini designs it's not complete without guns or rocket launchers bolted on.

rambolambo.jpeg