Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I spotted this cherry Vette on my run yesterday. Notable to me because it’s the rare Honduras Maroon that my dad picked when he repainted the Sprite back in 1964.

25a5dc49048234927495d8d6bc38b196.jpg

*whistling*
DB641F31-35B5-4B5A-BA8E-147695006CD3.jpeg

Brace yourself - I went for a ride and stumbled upon two very unusual sightings: first there were old Mercs and Chevy Pickups (there were more, but I took only pictures from the most interesting ones), then "wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me you've built a Time Machine out of a DeLorean?" :eek:

Chevy Pickup 1.jpgChevy Pickup 2.jpgMercedes-Benz W 111.jpgMercedes-Benz W 180.jpg

Time Machine 1.jpgTime Machine 2.jpgTime Machine 3.jpgTime Machine 4.jpgTime Machine 5.jpgTime Machine 6.jpgTime Machine 7.jpgTime Machine 8.jpg

The DeLorean has been imported in 2015 from California (go figure!), afterwards restored and then rebuilt to replicate the time machine from the first BTTF movie when they fitted the pole for using the lightning as power source for the flux capacitor. Apparently many of the pieces were sourced from aviation and military and were very hard to get. In the sixth picture you can see the pole and the "Plutonium rods" in the foreground, in the driver's seat there is the same model of JVX camcorder Marty used for filming.

At what point will we get more "Back to the future" replicas than stock DeLoreans?

I really think Swiss plates are the coolest design. Stealth Ferraris are pretty cool too.

Reactions: lip
I really think Swiss plates are the coolest design. Stealth Ferraris are pretty cool too.
Lichtenstein is cooler. imo, all black. ?

They look so wrong, yet so right. The less said about the tragic Chevy camper the better, although I think they are cool in general the louvres, steps and wheel cover are doing them no favours at all.

I've been in a later model Chevy conversion van. "Like a boat" is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but this was boat-like on a whole different level than any other wheeled vehicle I've ever been in. The big rumbling diesel engine sits there at some rpm, providing forward motion through a gearbox that blends cogs together so you don't have any idea of what gear you're in. The entire van rocks back and forth providing no sense of the surface beneath you. It's a lot like a diesel motorboat with a slight sidewind with the engine ticking along slightly over idle. Oh, and you have the same kind of captains chairs too.

Meanwhile, I saw this today. An otherwise perfectly ordinary CR-V that seemed to be an American import. Somehow they managed to get it through inspection with a red LED marker light acting as a rear fog. Red marker lights are found on the rear top corners of box trucks and what have you, and they're nowhere near as bright as a rear fog light needs to be. It also had aftermarket plastichrome side repeaters drilled into the front fenders, equally mandated marker lights drilled into the front bumper and the cheap looking USDM reflector headlights instead of the projectors you got here.

The plate is of the type you get here when your car lacks a suitable spot to put a normal european plate (see the chevy above) but I think the normal plate would've looked a lot better on this particular car.

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 18.01.23.jpeg

Some sightings from... well, the past half year. I haven't been out much.

So, I guess he drives a quiet car to enjoy his passion even more?
BMWi3f2f02f0675d85f5e.jpg

The Ellenators were out in force that day...
Ellenatorsea7fa7630cf884fe.jpg

This looks awesome and cute. And kind of badass in black.
HondaE5c6f807c76fcb4b5.jpg

Paging @luokyio...
ToyotaSoarerba08781793ba52e7.jpg

Old Magirus Deutz 125 firetruck.
Magirus125-1cc2494fdf1f77037.jpg

Magirus125-244898d5d24ca5716.jpg

I love the grill emblem.

I wish Honda would sell this in the US. I'd buy one for daily running about duty.

That’s the thing about these short-range EV’s. They’re good for “daily running about” but you still need something else that can cover actual distances. Those make a great second car in most households with two or more cars though.