Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

So it's the predecessor to the IVECO Massif then.

1648382238389.png

So it's the predecessor to the IVECO Massif then.
Yep, it's essentially the same underneath the redesigned body. There was a more powerful diesel engine, actually more powerful than the Defender had. Still on Parabolic leaf springs though!

Chevy Van of some sort (it had big numbers '30' on front fenders):
View attachment 3564287
Sorry to be so late, but I missed the post... This one is from the very early '80s and is a commercial model (painted grille and bumpers). The "30" indicates load carrying capacity. The base models were once called '10" or "15" and were referred to as 'half-ton' vans here in North America. Buying a '30' series got you 8-lug wheels, 'truck' tires, heavier capacity springs and better brakes. Used examples are highly sought-after by self-employed craftsmen (craftspeople?) and outdoorsy types who have lots of gear to carry.

Sorry to be so late, but I missed the post... This one is from the very early '80s and is a commercial model (painted grille and bumpers). The "30" indicates load carrying capacity. The base models were once called '10" or "15" and were referred to as 'half-ton' vans here in North America. Buying a '30' series got you 8-lug wheels, 'truck' tires, heavier capacity springs and better brakes. Used examples are highly sought-after by self-employed craftsmen (craftspeople?) and outdoorsy types who have lots of gear to carry.

Looks like it has a 4x4 Pathfinder conversion too. Note the red white and blue K-letter under the front side marker.

pathfinder_kvan_advirt-jpg.352218

1648656333860.png

Bentley Bentayga? Seconds before this picture, he failed to do a left handed 180º turn to come in this direction, doing a 3-point turn instead :LOL:
Such turning radius. Much SUV.

Bentley? I only see the tidy looking Niva, the Mercedes-Benz TN van and the Smart peeking out from behind it (must be parked miles back from the rear of the van) in that picture. :p

As seen on Sunday.

7F02E5B2-03E6-4E3C-900D-3C7AD59E9BEB.jpeg

Oooh, I see a german numberplate and "DE" in your location - so you did move to Germany after all? Congratulations! :)

Looks like it has a 4x4 Pathfinder conversion too. Note the red white and blue K-letter under the front side marker.

Good catch - I wasn't focusing on that. If you blow up the photo, you can also see the locking hub on the front right.

Love that swooping waistline, great artificial limb colour too. Almost the same as the Chrysler.

Seen today: Ford Granada

That's a Taunus. Or a Cortina maybe, which in these years is the same thing but with a British accent... and maybe Lucas instead of Bosch written on some bits.

Someone is probably able to chime in and tell us if they made Mk4 Cortinas in LHD or not.

• Wow
Reactions: lip
Bentley? I only see the tidy looking Niva, the Mercedes-Benz TN van and the Smart peeking out from behind it (must be parked miles back from the rear of the van) in that picture. :p
1649365278980.png

I just like those old vans, they used to be really common here. Seeing a Smart in black/silver brings back mixed memories. :LOL:

That's a Taunus. Or a Cortina maybe, which in these years is the same thing but with a British accent... and maybe Lucas instead of Bosch written on some bits.

Someone is probably able to chime in and tell us if they made Mk4 Cortinas in LHD or not.
I didn't think Granada seemed right but I didn't put any more thought into it. They did make LHD versions of the Mk 4 Cortina in Portugal (at least), I found this one:

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1977-ford-cortina-estate-lhd-nVxJe8

No Lucas or Bosch branded items in the pictures of the engine bay, I don't recognise the logo on the brake reservoir but it isn't either. Nice looking car.

Later that evening in the parking lot of the Handbuilt show:

IMG_20220408_210656.jpg

IMG_20220408_210755.jpg
...thefuq is that? On the engine it says Moto Guzzi and on the side panel it says 850-T, but I didn't find any pics with such a fairing. It has to be some kind of 80s customization, probably for some kind of sci-fi movie, right?