Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I realized I enjoy all sort of stuff, from F40s to pristine Fiat Pandas, and everything in-between. Okay, the flashy new stuff doesn't impress me in particular (I saw an Aston DBS Superleggera the other day and I didn't know if it was a DB11, DBS, Vanquish, Vantage or whatever they sell now), but I still turn my head around, even for those.

I do admit, I saw a nice, pre-facelift 991 Turbo S (I'm big into 911s, but not that much into newer ones or Turbos), it was dark blue and it had a beige interior, and I thought how nice it looked, in no small part thanks to the color combination.

In short, I appreciate all sorts of cars, even other vehicles, but I'm not that drawn to new and flashy that just screams nouveau riche.

This.
The current luxury cars just don't have class anymore. They are brilliant machines, but regarding style, they are in an arms race of obnoxiousness.
You both really nailed it.
It's a display of wealth, not style and/or class.

That's definitely it, but was it the case for people our age back in the 80s or 90s? The F40 is a great example, we wow at it now but - to anyone apart from kids and rich buyers - was it just vulgar when it was new? Even, let's say, the Lamborghini Miura. It's a gorgeous car and I'll have no bad words said against it, but would someone in our general age just consider it a tasteless toy for the rich when it was brand new?

I'm not a fan of modern supercars at all. I'm a fan of pure performance but without the flashness. The second generation Gallardo was maybe the last Lamborghini I liked, the 612 was the last Ferrari I liked, the V12 Vantage the last Aston. They all had style. If I had the chance to buy a supercar I'd much rather have several more ordinary cars, maybe with Tesla swaps so they out-drag the supercars. :p

I don't disagree with you, but I think the F40 was the last Ferrari where performance was the first and foremost goal (ok, the F50 too, perhaps), but the models that came after that became better and better cars and added much more luxury to the mix.
I don't have the answer to your question, but I definitely feel like the customer changed. It's always been rich people, but it used to be the gentleman who wanted a nice car to show off and have fun during the weekends, but they are somewhat simple cars, not luxurious.
Ferrari would never release a car as barebones as the F40 today, even if regulations allowed. Their customers want the heated pedals and electrically adjusted valve caps, so yeah, I don't know where I am taking this. I probably need a nap (or caffeine).

I would say Ferrari Enzo, F430, Scuderia are good.

To me, those all immediately make me think, "Ferrari." The designs are to me, incredibly recognizable.

Saw a C4 Corvette on a trailer a few days ago. Definitely a weird thing to see in southern Germany towed by an Audi Q7. Sure sure, i know, the Audi CAN tow it, but i am not used to seeing that combination.

1675451921644.png

Saw a C4 Corvette on a trailer a few days ago. Definitely a weird thing to see in southern Germany towed by an Audi Q7. Sure sure, i know, the Audi CAN tow it, but i am not used to seeing that combination.

View attachment 3568263

That is a C3 Corvette.

raw

I really want that Jeep

I recognize that place :geek: