Ownership Verified: Our 1994 Daimler Six 4.0: ?1000 Brexit Express that's Not a Jag

I'll take 'em for the Porsche. :wicked:

Is this a Ford steering wheel, btw?

The steering column adjustment knob, or that's at least what I think it is, screams parts bin. But I can't say for sure where I've seen it.

I think the column adjustment knob is also known as Ford mirror adjustment knob. I'm pretty sure the steering wheel frame is from a Mondeo, but obviously the leatherwork is in another league. Key is also shared with some Transits I think. Barrel is regular 90s Ford item, but I think all Mondeos had the remote integrated to the key? Daimler has separate key fob for remote.

That steering wheel column adjuster seems to be a part common across the industry, because I've seen it in a Lexus RX made ten years afterward.

It wasn't registered to Arron at the time he sold it to you though.

Sure, but ownership is not the same as registration. Arron owned the vehicle at the time, because he made a purchase, paid the money, etc. The DVLA just wasn't yet informed about it. V5 document even states that the named person is a keeper, not the owner. There is a large text on it saying "This document is not a proof of ownership".

Last edited:
Cool car, hope to get a ride in it someday in Finland!

MXM, what next? Renault 4 now? Or an Audi A8?