Our New Default Theme [Give Feedback Here!]

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Okay, this is thread we'll use to discuss development for the new theme for the forum. It's been decided that we'll be using this theme as a base. It looks damn good and it matches the theme of our site.

Here is the customized version we'll be using (not that much different so far, but that's why I need you)

Please give feedback as what you'd like changed.

A few initial things that are already going to be changed:

1. On the forum home, the boxes on the left will go away and the new PMs/etc. will go back up to the upper-right like the default vB theme current is.
  2. The quick links menu will get some more stuff added to it
  3. For posts, your car, etc. will be added back and I'll probably remove the boxes around each item over there (dunno yet)

The theme is great; my only suggestion is changing the forum key icons (red flame, gray flame, etc.) to something less.....flameish. You seem to have addressed everything else. Overall, :thumbsup:

Perhaps gears or something? *shrugs*

The important people (ie, me and Adunaphel) have made the decision on the new administrator/moderator image.

helmet.png

It is a spiked helmet, so it symbolizes power, efficiency and ruthlessness.

Oh, and it shows FinalGear's open support for the gay community and/or the sexual preference of our esteemed admins & mods.

So it's a win-win choice!

The important people (ie, me and Adunaphel) have made the decision on the new administrator/moderator image.

helmet.png

Oh, and it shows FinalGear's open support for the gay community and/or the sexual preference of our esteemed admins & mods.

:lol:

Perhaps gears or something? *shrugs*

Not a bad idea :)

For posts, your car, etc. will be added back and I'll probably remove the boxes around each item over there (dunno yet)

I think you should do that, now it looks like it's a box you can click and write something in.

Edit: After a bit of looking around I think there may be a bit too much red text, dunno why, it just felt overvelming and too....ehm...red :unsure:

Last edited:

helmet.png

My horrible Photoshop skills FTW!

Where should the global announcement box go? Where it is now or lower down?

probably fine where it is. also, the statistic box is gone. used to be between current users online and the calender

Stuff under the avatar tweaked. I think it looks a lot better now.

I think the FG logo should go in the middle, and there must be some cars in the title. If you could wait a couple of days, ie middle of coming week, I can make a couple of dozen headers with our logo and some cars...Or we could just use the ones from FinalGear.com.

Yes, it does look weird off to the side at first, but it doesn't look all that good in the center either (I've centered it for the moment).

As for cars and stuff, I dunno. I kinda like it simple, although we could go with something like the old style:

fg.jpg

Definetly the new Finalgear style, couldn't be bothered with the title logo.

Redo / Revert the main forum overview screen to move the PM and user control panel stuff back above the forum listings and I think you got a home run. Looks nice.

Anyone else having trouble reading the grey font with the white backround?? Otherwise this is great.

Redo / Revert the main forum overview screen to move the PM and user control panel stuff back above the forum listings and I think you got a home run. Looks nice.

As said, already planned. ;)