Our New Default Theme [Give Feedback Here!]

You like the default vB one over this new red one we're working on? :?

Do you mean the skin entitled 'FinalGear.com'? I hadnt noticed that one. Sorry to cause any confusion people.

Yes, "FinalGear.com" is our new theme and the point of this thread. ;)

Anyway, I removed the boxes on the left and now I'm working on getting the PM data and such back up there to the upper right.

The black boxes next to "Search" and "Quick Links" should be downward arrows or something that represents a drop down menu.

The Reply button is spelled with a small r :D :tease:

The gray / black parts would look awsome with a Carbon pattern.

Members names should not be Red, only mods.

Why not take the time to allow and make both themes, a new one and he old one? Then if a user prefers the new theme they can have it. But if the like the old one better then they can select it.

But great work on this new theme!!!

The black boxes next to "Search" and "Quick Links" should be downward arrows or something that represents a drop down menu.
They are, it's just hard to see.

The Reply button is spelled with a small r :D :tease:
All the buttons are... (edit, quote, etc.)

The gray / black parts would look awsome with a Carbon pattern.
That's what we did on the old forum and I'm kinda tired of that, but I dunno.

Members names should not be Red, only mods.
I kinda like them red and perhaps having the admin/mod colors different would be a better idea, I dunno.

Then if a user prefers the new theme they can have it. But if the like the old one better then they can select it.

That's been the plan the whole time. The picker is in the bottom-left of every page. ;)

This theme looks really good. It is funny how close it is to matching the old look too.

I liked the red bars from the old forum better than this plain red... if it wouldn't be too much trouble adding the same carbon fibre details to the new theme, I think it would be worth it.

I kinda prefer the Web 2.0 or whatever of the plain gradient of the red and black. :/

Fair enough... but can you fix the logo at the top? The background doesn't match quite so well.

That's zeroSignal's department, but on both my monitors, I can't see the edges of the image. :?

I dunno, maybe your brightness is turned down?

The forum background seems to be #343434 but whereas the logo's background is #2B2B2B.

I show them both as being #343434...

forumlogo.png

I'm all tapped out of ideas then...

Screenshot what you see. ;)

Here they are... from two machines to make sure it's not just my problem:

From my Laptop
From my Desktop

Ah, I see it in IE now.

Man, IE/Safari suck ass at PNG handling. :p

Sorry, I like my stock browsers like I like my stock rims (refer to SLK63 thread).

:tease: What is this smiley? He looks so into it.