Our "own" car reviews

It's a Toyota, and built by Toyota. That's why it's got ENGLISH WORDS instead of symbols. Toyota for unknown reasons like ENGLISH WORDS. Shame. PSA's only input into the design are the bumpers.

^well in that case boo-urns...
maybe the logic was that the crappy plastic handles were cheapest from Toyota?
Also, the website of the factory where these cars are built, is made of lol
Flashy lights FTL!

They probably stick those same stalks on some japanese/american car too, the Auris (I think, was a while ago) has symbols on it's stalks. It's littered with quite a few ENGLISH WORDS too, but not at all as bad as other Toyotas. The revcounter is an option btw, it tags along in a pod :)

You can easily install it afterwards, remove plastic cover, clip in electrical cable, clip in pod, attach bolt, reinstall plastic cover.

How to fit a rev counter to a Citroen C1, Peugeot 107 or Toyota Aygo by Richie Wisbey, on Flickr

Last edited:
A proper small Citro?n interior:

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/3692/s79citroenvisapf7.jpg

:cool:

And like that old favorite band of yours, it played the hits for me. You saw they were no longer young, you heard the sub-standard new material that they were touring, you heard the creak in their voices. But when you got home, you cranked up an old album of theirs, sat back in your chair and thought ?Damn, I really did see them live.?

And it?s the same with the DeLorean DMC-12 for me.

I should be getting my DeLorean by the end of next month, cant wait! :mrgreen:

A proper small Citro?n interior:

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/3692/s79citroenvisapf7.jpg

:cool:

I learned to drive on a Citroen AX. The interior was nothing like this, but the lack of a rev-counter was very annoying.

Make a thread!

*LOL* I will! This one has had a bit of work done to it, so it may appeal to Delorean onlookers (no, it's not a BTTF replica).

2012 Ford Focus

No pics. sorry.

Yesterday, Ford hosted an event called Join the Focus Drive at my university. They gave people an opportunity to drive a new Ford Focus around an auto-X track and compete for the best time.

I don't really have much to say about it. The throttle felt very dead. It took a good inch or two to get the engine to even realize i was pressing the peddle. The car seemed to fight you to take off initially.
The steering wasn't bad, per se. It just felt very disconnected. The brakes were good though. Definitely stopped the car quickly.

All said and done, the car is great for a daily driver. It's not slow and it gets great (for the US anyway) gas mileage.

Maybe I'll post the video of my auto-x run once they send it to me. Depends on how much of an idiot i look like in the video <_<

2012 Ford Focus

No pics. sorry.

Yesterday, Ford hosted an event called Join the Focus Drive at my university. They gave people an opportunity to drive a new Ford Focus around an auto-X track and compete for the best time.

I don't really have much to say about it. The throttle felt very dead. It took a good inch or two to get the engine to even realize i was pressing the peddle. The car seemed to fight you to take off initially.
The steering wasn't bad, per se. It just felt very disconnected. The brakes were good though. Definitely stopped the car quickly.

All said and done, the car is great for a daily driver. It's not slow and it gets great (for the US anyway) gas mileage.

Maybe I'll post the video of my auto-x run once they send it to me. Depends on how much of an idiot i look like in the video <_<

Even if it's not the greatest car, mad respect for the event.

2012 Ford Focus

No pics. sorry.

Your experience echos what many are saying about the new Focus. A lot of the "magic" of the previous generation cars was lost when it got more refined. :(

Sounds like it was still a great experience though! :)

2011 Ford F150 Lariat Limited

So today my mother picked up her new truck, and I convinced her to let me take it out for a little hoonage calm and collected test drive. Obviously didn't go too crazy because it has under 100 miles and it needs to be broken in a bit.

Interior: The overall fit and finish was pretty nice. The leather in the limited especially felt really nice compared to my car and her old 2008 Tahoe. Also, the satnav screen large and intuitive, and the multi-colored ambient lighting is pretty cool. Plus, I am a sucker for cooled seats down here in Texas :cool: Some of the switches do feel a bit cheap, however that is to be expected from a truck that starts at just shy of $23,000.

Exterior: I am a really big fan of the exterior, and was one of the main reasons I persuaded her to go for the limited over the platinum.

http://img268.imageshack.**/img268/6788/42388142.jpg

Uploaded with imageshack.**

That isn't her specific truck, but well they all look EXACTLY the same anyways. 22 inch rims are a nice, if impractical touch, and it overall looks very clean in person. White painted portions of the wheels are a welcome addition. Not a big fan of all the chrome, but otherwise I think it looks classy.

Ride/Handling: Overall the truck rides really well, especially compared to the Tahoe and my old Silverado. It feels rather...large and imposing at first, but very quickly I became comfortable piloting the beast. It has a rather atrocious turning circle, but that is to be expected in such a large vehicle. Overall the handling rather pleasantly surprised me, and the ride made me almost look forward to our upcoming road trip.

POWERR!!!!!: The main reason I pushed her to go with the Limited though is the 6.2L V8 beast lurking under the hood. This engine is good for around 415 HP and 435 lb-ft of torque. I didn't get it anywhere close to the redline, but the engine never seems as if it is taxed by being forced to move around the rest of the vehicle. (It was designed for the SuperDuty afterall).

The sound is pretty good too, with the gas depressed, it emits a hushed, guttural growl that isn't too shouty, but alerts you to the fact that a beast is lurking under the hood.

Overall, it covers all the bases well it seems, and I couldn't be more pleased with my mother's purchase.

Last edited:
My car looks like this:

http://www.motors.co.uk/search/?location=so31%209pw&distance=50&manuf=honda&model=accord&price=0,&trim=sport-gt#carid=21347652

Pics to follow.

It really suits me - Sat Nav, enhanced stereo, voice activation of controls, cruise control, dual zone air con, powered tail gate, Super powerful yet frugal 2.2 Diesel engine and front loading 6 CD auto changer - none of this load the unit in the boot me larkey. Brilliant. 60,000 miles and 8 grand - got 2k for my 10 yo Pug 406 estate too.

She is in the oil business, manages a 750 acre ranch, and we have our own 150 acre ranch, so yes:)

That reminds me of an old German beer commercial, where an American enters a bar with locals and starts telling very loudly:

"Are you a farmer? I am a farmer. In the USA I need 2 days to drive around my property!"

And the locals simply look at each other and then one replies: "Yeah, I once had such a car, too"

:lol: