Out of Africa - Oliver Lives

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
For folks not checking the US site, there are a dozen or so new pictures and an article about Oliver.

http://www.topgear.com/us/features/more/oliver-lives/

01pic_featurelanding_out_of_africa.jpg

OLIVAAAAAAH!!!!!

He's back!!:D

Just keep him the hell away from Jezza....

Lovely!

Yeah! Another motivation to get my car back on the road... ;)

awwww. I love Oliver.

The story is not on the UK site because the article was in the March 09 issue of the TG mag

God I love that little shitgreen peace of nothingness..... something about that car..... I KNOW ! it must be related to Herbie!

"he transcends his intrinsic rubbishness with boundless character"

Love it!!

Oliver! :D Seeing that little Opel always puts a smile on my face. Hamster was right; it IS the happiest car in the world.

The restoration was actually done months ago, as I recall.

It appeared in 12x01, as well as on Blast Lab (which Hammond hosts/presents).

Even James May has said the car just makes you happy, so it must really be true.

Even James May has said the car just makes you happy, so it must really be true.

and while in africa, James was made so happy by the car, he just had to hit it!

/me runs and hides from the bad joke...

Oliver!

Great article--I love learning about the efforts that go on behind the scenes, so to speak--people who know their stuff and do the unglamorous work. The bit about fixing the brakes was especially interesting.

It appeared in 12x01, as well as on Blast Lab (which Hammond hosts/presents).

Yep, and in TG Live as well (though not in the country I saw it in, alas).

Little man + little car = you knew it just had to be love at first sight.

That said, I can't wait for the hubby to get home from his business trip in Boston, 'cause he's bought the latest copy while down there!

I do find myself checking all 3 sites regularly as they all tend to have different content. At some point most of the articles, features, and blogs make their way across though it may take a while. It's nice they're putting magazine features up. I'm sure that even UK fans aren't buying every issue so once they're old news, might as well share with the rest of us.