Ownership Verified: Out with the hairdressers car. In with the Pony!

Weigh it all while it is out. Now think of how often you use the back seat and think about not putting it back in. Gain .002 miles per gallon. Profit?

Weigh it all while it is out. Now think of how often you use the back seat and think about not putting it back in. Gain .002 miles per gallon. Profit?

I wouldn't want to leave it as is, and don't feel like dishing out $1k for a rear seat delete kit with cross brace. Plus the rear seat does provide a decent amount of insulation against road noise which is nice. And I do use it once in a while, so all-in-all it makes sense keeping it.

Funny how I'm going such great lengths to make my car quieter after deliberately making it louder.

EDIT: Post 302 in this thread. Appropriate milestone.

Last edited:
Funny how I'm going such great lengths to make my car quieter after deliberately making it louder.

Yeah, seems slightly strange to me.

Yeah, seems slightly strange to me.

To be fair, plastic rattling against metal is not my type of eargasm. I'm more into the cries of dinosaurs exploding thousands of times a minute in 8 metallic chambers several feet infront of me.

Last edited:
... Can I have those back? I definitely got told off at Autocross at a drag strip last weekend because my Borla setup is so fucking ridiculously loud.

Wait, what?

...got told off at Autocross at a drag strip last weekend because my Borla setup is so fucking ridiculously loud.

Maybe it is too loud, but the thing bugs me is: a noise reduction rules at the DRAG STRIP (???!?) :blink:

... Can I have those back? I definitely got told off at Autocross at a drag strip last weekend because my Borla setup is so fucking ridiculously loud.

Did you tell him he was too old?

Oh good, I was just about to call a dealer to ask about this.

Finally! I'm currently in vacation, I hope I have one of those waiting for me when I come back home...

Got her cleaner than shes been in months.

8XwAmwc.jpg

The front bumper was covered in tar spots and it took quite a bit of elbow grease to scrub off. Also soooo many chips from rocks. I've never seen a bumper get this bad in only 45k miles. Not sure if Ford used low quality plastic or what. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order myself a new bumper next summer, get it painted and clear wrapped before installing.

Last edited:
Also soooo many chips from rocks. I've never seen a bumper get this bad in only 45k miles. Not sure if Ford used low quality plastic or what. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order myself a new bumper next summer, get it painted and clear wrapped before installing.

Yeah, I've not even got 15k miles on my new one and there's already at least a dozen little rock chips around the front and a couple on the sides. There's got to be something about the more extensive use of plastic and probably even the paint not being as robust as it used to be.

Makes me sad. On the next one I'm seriously considering going with a high end vinyl wrap in some crazy green color instead of paint for this reason.

Got her cleaner than shes been in months.

8XwAmwc.jpg

The front bumper was covered in tar spots and it took quite a bit of elbow grease to scrub off. Also soooo many chips from rocks. I've never seen a bumper get this bad in only 45k miles. Not sure if Ford used low quality plastic or what. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and order myself a new bumper next summer, get it painted and clear wrapped before installing.

And then it rained...

Welcome to Michigan.

My mustangs front bumper is the same way.

Apparently "Ford" now stands for "found on road dirty".

Fix or repair dinged paint.

Okay, make it dings.